The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the thread about negative Kijiji deals, and thought I would post the deal I did today.

I messaged someone about 3 pedals they had for sale. The seller got back and said they would ship, and because I was buying all 3 they would pay the shipping costs. They asked for EMT and I requested PP. She said OK, but had to use her husband's PP to do the deal. I set her the money but I sent extra to cover the fees. She said she bought a box and bubble wrap from the Post Office and the item is shipping shortly.

Smooth and I am saving a ton with these used pedals.

·
Registered
224 Posts
good for you, they are not all psychos on Kijiji, I sold my 1980 HD in less than 24 hrs with the buyer paying cold, hard cash at my door the next morning ..

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I put a JHS Milkman on Kijiji during the winter. Put it up at 11pm on a Sunday, by 10am Monday morning I had an offer of full asking, and by 5pm I had the cash in my hand.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kijiji works fine for me, I've never had a bad experience. I think people are overlooking CL though.

Granted CL = Flakeville, but I've been getting a lot of deals on there lately w/ no competition even days after the ads are posted. I think CL is to Kijiji like eBay is to Amazon.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
I would say 99% of my deals on kijiji (both buying and selling) have been smooth. Even the ones with shipping and emt. I am very careful and if anything feels off I pass, but overall kijiji has been great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve had good experiences as well, I actually find sometimes sellers are more flaky than the buyers… even I get flaky as a seller sometimes 😐

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Sold an 2003 Epiphone Vintage G400 to a guy that called me to meet me in the next village parking lot in 2 hours. Got out of my car, he was already there. He took it in his hands, looked down the neck and gave me my money. Bye bye.

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
I mentioned briefly in another thread about my listings last fall.

I had a hit within minutes of listing some gear.
Turns out the guy had an alert set for this specific guitar, he used to have one and sold it off a few years ago.
He didn't haggle and set up date and meeting place over the phone.

He drove over 4 hours one way from down south and was on time.
I handed him back $50 to kick in for gas for being so easy to deal with.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not Kijiji, but Facebook marketplace. Yesterday I had an amazing experience buying an Epi Standard Plustop Pro for my daughter for $450. It was in perfect condition and looks brand-spankin' new! The seller was quite young, very friendly and patient as my daughter and I checked out the guitar.

I responded to his ad within 10 hours of its posting. In the ad, he said he was asking for $450 and the price was negotiable. I knew at that price (especially given the current market) the demand would be very high. I assured him I had no intention of negotiating and could pick it up that very same day. Done deal, and my daughter is over the moon with her dream guitar - a cherry burst Les Paul!

·
Premium Member
11,413 Posts
99% of the kijiji deals that close for me, are smooth.
only done a couple with shipping.

Now, getting to that closed stage isnt always as smooth though.

Reactions: Always12AM

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have never had a kijiji deal go sour and my best gear purchases from the last few years have all been kijiji deals
plus I've stayed in touch with several people i met through those deals
that said, i only buy locally so i'm never paying money sight unseen or trying to figure out shipping
i used to do cash only which worked well but recently i've done e-transfer a few times. it does work but i'm not a fan. i don't know if it's just my credit union but it often takes 20-30 minutes for the money to go through which means some awkward chit-chat with the person while you both wait for the transaction both of you typiing madly with your thumbs on your phones trying to check that the process is rolling

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Long one but it went real smooth. It's about this one I just showed you.

Kijiji ad from PEI, I'm in Southern QC. Paid seller two months ago and told him I would be going by on my way to Îles de la Madeleine. With COVID regulations, I couldn't veer from the road to the ferry, so I gave him a meeting place on my way for that morning. It's a 15 year old kid and he didn't show up. I couldn't wait as I had a ferry to catch. No biggie as I am coming back this way in a month anyway. Contacted him to set a new meeting on my way down. We exchanged a few text messages and as I get to the meeting point, his mom is standing there with the guitar in her hands. She was sweet and said she hoped I liked it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've had some good experiences on Kijiji.

Last year I found someone in Kingston selling an American Original 60's Tele that I wanted. I contacted him and asked if he'd be willing to ship if I paid for it. He said sure. I asked for his phone number so we could talk before I agreed to send him a couple thousand bucks. We chatted on the phone about 40 minutes. I could tell he was just another gear hound like me. Seemed on the up and up and I took the risk to send the cash. He sent me photos of the guitar all packed up and a tracking number right away. Arrived no problem. And the kicker is he had bought a Glendale bridge and saddle set and left it installed on the guitar. In the case was the original bridge, saddles, and an extra set of Rutters saddles. So he threw in about $350 worth of additional hardware!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts