The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
pretty sure the rule wasn't aimed at people like you. It was meant to stop people from registering, selling one item and never being seen or heard from again. Like a security thing. You just got caught in the trap unfortunately.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
hey man, you've been around a long time. you've had access to, and enjoyed, alot of high quality content the entire time. i only know of one other guitar forum on the web that even comes close to approaching the knowledge base available here. that's before you consider the camaraderie and community value. you don't think that's worth $15 to support something you know is a good thing?
community support helps ease (slightly) the cost to allow this place to exist and have the usability we currently enjoy. i feel like the cost of membership here gives a good return on the money spent. how much are they collecting if you add up all the paid members? it wouldn't buy one guy coffee for a year. maybe you didn't think about it this way before. just offereing you an alternative pov.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
hey man, you've been around a long time. you've had access to, and enjoyed, alot of high quality content the entire time. i only know of one other guitar forum on the web that even comes close to approaching the knowledge base available here. that's before you consider the camaraderie and community value. you don't think that's worth $15 to support something you know is a good thing?
community support helps ease (slightly) the cost to allow this place to exist and have the usability we currently enjoy. i feel like the cost of membership here gives a good return on the money spent. how much are they collecting if you add up all the paid members? it wouldn't buy one guy coffee for a year. maybe you didn't think about it this way before. just offereing you an alternative pov.
Not to mention how much easier it is to post pix and do a few other things. And less ads, not that marketing actually works on most people here. :rolleyes:

Reactions: sulphur

·
Super Moderator
384 Posts
hey man, you've been around a long time. yodu've had access to, and enjoyed, alot of high quality content the entire time. i only know of one other guitar forum on the web that even comes close to approaching the knowledge base available here. that's before you consider the camaraderie and community value. you don't think that's worth $15 to support something you know is a good thing?
I would have agreed with this statement when this forum was privately owned. Once it was purchased by a corporate forum company, I don't. Buying and selling should be no charge for members, just like the vast majority of other forums.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I don't buy and sell as much as some of you but I don't need the buy and sell section here. I have used eBay in the past some and have used Kijiji a lot. It works for me very well. So I don't pay the membership fee. I feel my input for what it's worth is some value to the forum and that is worth something to them. I agree with Jayoldschool.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
I've just done a rough calculation. I figure I have done ~ $7500 to $8000 in buy, sell and trades though this forum. I know that doesn't get even near the value of Faracaster's transactions, but the Gold membership has worked quite well for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts