The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a guitar I have been working on for the past day. just about finished it up this evening, ready for the finishing room very soon.

Lacewood body (prs style) with quilted maple cap, hard maple neck with lacewood headstock veneer.

its getting a set of STew Mac "vintage vibe" uncovered HB's, a Baggs piezo tunomatic bridge, string through body ferrules, grover tuners, graphtec nut. volume, tone, blend & selector switch for the pups and a three way pup switch.

will post a pic when its done.

Unfortunately, this one isnt mine, its a custom order from a friend of my girlfriends, for his daughter (christmas gift). Hope he & she likes it!

AJC

·
Registered
32 Posts
gorgeous guitar! can't wait to see it completely ready!
i hope i get a chance to start that prs look alike project soon :rockon:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lowtones said:
Great Lookin guitar AJ. I've thought about using lacewood because I like the look but it just seemed to be very heavy.

I bought this lacewood from A&M wood specialty in Cambridge, ON. Its actually quite like the African mahogany I usually use - not too heavy at all!

The lacewood works really really well. Sands easy and machines very smoothly.

I finished spraying the lacquer today. WIll post pics when its done!

AJC

·
Administrator
16,154 Posts
ajcoholic said:
I bought this lacewood from A&M wood specialty in Cambridge, ON. Its actually quite like the African mahogany I usually use - not too heavy at all!

AJC
I'm reaching for the tums now.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ajcoholic said:

AJC
I'm certainly looking forward to the pics. :bow: I am also going to try lacewood in the near future. Thanks to you for that. :banana:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys,
I finished spraying the guitar body and neck this weekend. Today I just set the neck on with two screws to get some pics...

the body is as-sprayed, ie, I still need to let it sit for a few days and then wet sand, and rub it out and polish.

Its not too flashy, but the colour looks good with the lacewood.

AJC

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
wow, another very nice one.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sweet.... If you ever retire from building furniture, I think you have a secondary career locked up brother!

Somebody stop this guy! Every thread the man starts gives me bad GAS!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts