The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
And let's not forget III's.

I didn't change mine, so my post doesn't really count, but my Voodoo 59's are both AL3s. I think they let me get the old PAF bluesy tones but will also wind up nicely into a rock crunch when I want it.

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
I took the original PU's out of my WHY1 Tele and replaced them with S.Duncan Alnico ll and they sound great. I wanted a more softer bluesy sound and I got that and then some. The Duncans came out of a stock Light Ash Tele so if you want to hear what they sound like, go to your local store and pluck away at a Light Ash.

·
Registered
274 Posts
it's all taste. there is a lot more than magnet strength determines how your pickup will sound also. there was a thread in the les paul forum ( I think) with a ton of information about how wide and inconsistent the range in magnet types and strengths are. I have been digging for it, but they dont have a search function and I am getting nowhere

I have Js moore paf(ish) pickups that he wound for me with a4 in the bridge at 8.2kohms, and 7.5kohms with a2 in the neck. GREAT sounding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts