The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to build an Allpart Tele. I wanna try this for fun and maybe get a better knoledge of my instruments. I want to know if it possible to buy a body with all the holes! All body I see have the 6 holes for the strings and the neck pocket but nothing for the pickguard, bridge and electronics. I just want to do it the right way on the first time. By the way, if someone here try this alternative, can you talk to me about your experience!
Thank you!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought a neck and body from Allparts. The pickup cavities, control plate routing, holes for string ferruls, and jack routing is already done. You will have to drill holes for the pickguard and control plate screws. The bridge mounting holes were pre-drilled on mine. Btw, the neck pocket is a tad wider than Standard Tele's. If I was doing another I'd use http://www.warmoth.com/

I used an Allparts neck and still had to fine tune the depth of the neck pocket on my Allparts body, it was off quite a bit. I was lucky to have a friend with access to a CNC milling machine.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
warmoth is universally acclaimed to be excellent fit and finish, and top shelf build quality. you'll do fine with them for sure.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Online for Canadians. Quality is very good

Edit: Or phone or fax. One time I ordered a neck by phone and was looking at it on my computer. The salesman pulled the picture of the website as we were talking.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Most of the Allparts necks and bodies that I've seen required a little tweaking and finish work, but the quality was still very good. For a first time parts guitar build, I'd stick to Warmoth or USACG as they offer neck and body options that range from fairly basic and unfinished to completely finished "ready to bolt together". For a typical tele, I'd recommend USACG as their quality is a little better than Wormoth and their customer support is fantastic.

·
Registered
526 Posts
All bodys or necks you can get will need tweaking.

I've never used an Allparts body but I love their necks. They are very good quality. Depends of the shipment but I've even got flamed 1/4 sawn necks from them.

They are well made in Japan by one of the best factories in the world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts