The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
David Allen

David builds some of the best fender style amps avaiable. Very highly recomended. Also a great Fender service facility. He offers his amps as "Kits", or fully assembled. Great stuff!

·
Premium Member
5,173 Posts
His prices are not that bad too compared to some other builders.

My only experience with them was buying a new cabinet for my Princeton Reverb. The cabinet is good quality, and they were good to deal with.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
I built an Old Flame kit a few years back and it was a really nice amp. I've been trying to buy it back from the guy I sold it to, but he won't sell it to me :D

·
Administrator
16,154 Posts
I have an Old Flame 2 x 10 combo built by David. Terrific amp that I'll probably part with eventually as I prefer 12's. Nice thing about them is also that they'll take 6L6's or 6V6's with a simple bias adjustment. It has bias points right on the back panel and the bias control is also right there. If anyone has something in the Marshall vein and is interested in a trade drop me a line, I've got the Fender thing covered elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
I played a Brown Sugar last year and it was a mighty fine sounding amp. One of the best "Fender Vintage" style amps i've heard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts