The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,822 Posts
The best way to keep me OUT of your restaurant is to try and sell based on quantity instead of quality.

Honestly, if I see "All you can eat" I walk the other way.
There are some good all-you-can eat buffets with high quality food. Problem is, you pay $40-$60 per person. :eek:

·
Premium Member
16,538 Posts
There are some good all-you-can eat buffets with high quality food. Problem is, you pay $40-$60 per person. :eek:

Yes, there are, but the whole concept of over stuffing yourself goes against my nature. Sell me on quality. Portion size is not my main concern, in fact, I generally have to push back a good portion of meals I receive in restaurants, particularly in the USA.
It has become a part of the dining ritual to apologize to the staff as they look puzzled at the food remaining on my plate. I generally goes something like "the food is delicious, it's just way more food than I (or anyone) need(s)".

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, there are, but the whole concept of over stuffing yourself goes against my nature. Sell me on quality. Portion size is not my main concern, in fact, I generally have to push back a good portion of meals I receive in restaurants, particularly in the USA.
It has become a part of the dining ritual to apologize to the staff as they look puzzled at the food remaining on my plate. I generally goes something like "the food is delicious, it's just way more food than I (or anyone) need(s)".
I lost a lot of weighed several years ago by eating a lot less food. Now, I can't eat big meals even if I try. I'm not big on restaurants anymore because of this, but if I'm out with friends I started ordering appetizers. I'm now finding even those are too much food for me.

·
Premium Member
11,846 Posts
I try to do that myself.

Except at Chinese restaurants. Thirty minutes later, I'm pissed off I didn't eat everything on the plate.

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
The best way to keep me OUT of your restaurant is to try and sell based on quantity instead of quality.

Honestly, if I see "All you can eat" I walk the other way.
Sometimes a few plates at mandarin is what the body needs.

Most of the time, it isnt.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Had a buddy kicked out of a Chinese buffet years ago. Host told him to beat it and called him a "Seafood Monster".

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
A friend of mine had a tradition of going to the buffet at some classy hotel downtown every boxing day (it is now closed). We went with them one year and I watched her put away like 5 whole lobsters. Girl knew what she was doing. Paced herself and everything; showed up is jogging pants and a mumu.

·
Registered
11,226 Posts
A friend of mine had a tradition of going to the buffet at some classy hotel downtown every boxing day (it is now closed). We went with them one year and I watched her put away like 5 whole lobsters. Girl knew what she was doing. Paced herself and everything; showed up isnjogging pants and a mumu.
is.,.is she single? asking for a friend

·
Registered
24,368 Posts
The best part of any buffet is not the all-you-can-eat part, but rather the fact that the food is ready and you don't have to wait for someone to take your order, someone to cook it, and someone to bring it to you. You just arrive, grab a plate, grab the food you want, eat, and pay.

L

·
0 Posts
I always thought that a buffet was for enjoying a wide variety of food.
After all, you can't order a little bit of everything from page one of a restaurant menu.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts