The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
It depends on the sound characteristic and the amp. But for mid- and high gain, Fender Lace Sensor Red in the bridge of a strat, ideally wired with tone control ... is glorious.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Another vote for Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots

Reactions: ssdeluxe

·
Registered
73 Posts
From the ones that I have tried in my strats (single coil), this seems to be the break down I prefer.

1)Fender Lace Gold
2/3)Tex Mex
3/2)Stock

I should probably mention that the Gold Lace is preferred in the neck position specifically over all others. I also have an old Evans Hot Lead II (Company is long defunct) that sounds amazing in the bridge but is a very 80s vibe. I really like it, but not quite as versatile to my ears as the above but if you are into anything hair related, she's nice!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I've owned a number of Strats since the 1980's and I did multiple pickup swaps in all of them and in the end stock Alnico V's that Fender used in American Standards are my favourites. Great clarity without sounding too thin or brittle. They seem to adapt well to any style of music I play.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've owned a number of Strats since the 1980's and I did multiple pickup swaps in all of them and in the end stock Alnico V's that Fender used in American Standards are my favourites. Great clarity without sounding too thin or brittle. They seem to adapt well to any style of music I play.
The stock pickups in my Am Standard Strat sound good to me. I can't find anything wrong with them.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
I had a Jeff Beck Strat with a set of Vineham '59s and they sounded terrific.

I had that Schecter Strat with the Monstertones that Dave is referring to for a while and those were really good pickups too.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Just used that Strat last night at a gig. My GAWD that guitar sounds and plays amazing.
Yeah it's the best Strat I've ever heard. Just enormous sounding. Late 63 / early 64 Strats are known for that warmth and girth, as well as having some of the best vintage necks. This is the era that the PRS Silversky is based on.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Never tried any boutique Strat pickups before. I have a '94 Fender Standard and a '00 Squire Bullet. I like the way they both sound. The Standard is a great all around guitar while the Bullet is my surf-machine.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts