The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I know, I know.

I am fully aware, warned and wary about the Aliexpress guitars (only found out about Aliexpress from a UK video about a week ago, but have done a lot of research since then).

I did try to click on a link in the part of the website that I think was 'order from Canada' or something like it, and got a message that they do not ship to Canada.

But I have read messages from people on the forum to the contrary.

So, can anyone forward me or include in a reply to this message the link for ordering from Aliexpress?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rollingdam,
Many, many thanks for this :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I’ve come across the “this item doesn’t ship to Canada” depending upon what shipping option you choose. I think it’s just a generic place filler; sometimes there’s 3 options to choose from and only one of them will actually allow you to add the item to your cart.

I would stay away from the guitars though. I’ve played a few and they were dogs. The amps are a new development that I wasn’t aware of. I’d be interested in trying the hand wired ones.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I have heard the pictures they show are not what you get .. .but this ad says the guitar is made of Mahogany , but the pictures show it’s made of ash, with a dark walnut stain to simulate rosewood.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
I’ve come across the “this item doesn’t ship to Canada” depending upon what shipping option you choose. I think it’s just a generic place filler; sometimes there’s 3 options to choose from and only one of them will actually allow you to add the item to your cart.

I would stay away from the guitars though. I’ve played a few and they were dogs. The amps are a new development that I wasn’t aware of. I’d be interested in trying the hand wired ones.
Due to Canada post asking ALL foreign countries to stop shipping to Canada until the strike is over and things have calmed down. I had 4 or 5 ebay auctions cancelled after the fact due to this policy. In fact there are a lot of foreign sellers not shipping to Canada right now.

Reactions: Ronbeast

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts