The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
6,870 Posts
I'm still waiting on "the big one" here on the BC coast, im really hopeful it bumps me up to waterfront.
If the Seattle fault doesn't let go, then you just have to wait for the end of current ice age we're coming out of. Ocean levels will certainly give you the water front you desire. How's your elevation? Hopefully more than 250ft above sea level

· Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Damn infamous plate tectonics and continental drift, lol. I remember a quake in 1983 while living in Lindsay, Ontario. It originated under Lake Ontario near Toronto and shook the house in Lindsay that was 130km north.

Fun Facts:
So apparently North America alone has drifted 3,945 miles(6,350 km) to the west since the Permian Period of 250,000,000 years ago when the super continent of Pangaea existed. This is calculated using geologists scientific estimated 1 inch per year of westward movement. Yeah, things are bound to shake, rattle, roll and rumble from time to time, 🌋. Who knows, maybe when the cycle goes full circle Alberta will have that tropical climate to once again support habitat for 🌴🦕, 🦖,🐊, lol.

Hmmm?,... wonder if this continental drift thang somehow contributes to global climates going though whether changes from continent to continent over millions of years,... just say'n,... gotta look at the big picture sometimes.
Organism Font Rectangle Table Illustration

· Registered
1,058 Posts
I was six years old , when the 1971 San Fernando Earthquake hit .
My Mother came from Michoacan, Mexico and Tarascan Indian, she lived in an area where a volcano rose to 5,000 ft. In a week .
She seen ants leaving their tunnels with their eggs, " Jewish Beetles / Earth Babies" dug them selves out of the earth, our dogs were edgy , a few days before the quake hit.
She had my Dad set up a tent in the backyard, so we could not be in the quake.

My Dad mocked her and my mom said, " You come from Texas / Oklahoma, you know when a tornado is going to hit " , he shrugged it off.
When it it hit my Father came flying out of the house in his boxers with his eye peeled to the back of his head .
The ground looked like literal waves like at a beach .

· Premium Member
1,265 Posts
I was six years old , when the 1971 San Fernando Earthquake hit .
My Mother came from Michoacan, Mexico and Tarascan Indian, she lived in an area where a volcano rose to 5,000 ft. In a week .
She seen ants leaving their tunnels with their eggs, " Jewish Beetles / Earth Babies" dug them selves out of the earth, our dogs were edgy , a few days before the quake hit.
She had my Dad set up a tent in the backyard, so we could not be in the quake.

My Dad mocked her and my mom said, " You come from Texas / Oklahoma, you know when a tornado is going to hit " , he shrugged it off.
When it it hit my Father came flying out of the house in his boxers with his eye peeled to the back of his head .
The ground looked like literal waves like at a beach .

Yup,... nature knows,... and keeping an eye on it during certain situations can warn us of many things.
While fighting forest fires for many years in northwestern Ontario I was always amazed how the vast majority of wildlife would flee an area well in advance of a fire getting dangerously large enough to trap them in from all escape routes. I always kept that in mind if ever finding myself in a pressure cooker situation while firefighting,... follow the routes of the wildlife to save my bacon,... and not become Canadian bacon.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
I also served on a Hot Shot Crew for the US Forestry Service , 9 seasons.
I really hated when a cloud of hornets would fee from the fire .... not a very comfortable situation.

Animals will show you ahead of time, if a disaster is coming .

Reactions: Midnight Rider

· Premium Member
1,265 Posts
I also served on a Hot Shot Crew for the US Forestry Service , 9 seasons.
I really hated when a cloud of hornets would fee from the fire .... not a very comfortable situation.

Animals will show you ahead of time, if a disaster is coming .
I hear you on the stinging insects brother. There were occasions while felling trees to establish a firebreak that I cut a couple pines with wasp nests and experienced the sting,

The worse were those extremely aggressive 'Digger' bees that make their nests in the ground. Had the unfortunate experience on a couple fires of having stepped on the nests and pissing them off. Those bastards actually chase you down and work on you in numbers. I actually had to dive into the small inland lake once to shake them off.
🌊🏃‍♂️🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝,... and still a couple hung on to deliver the hurt. I'll take the black flies any day over the Diggers, lol.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
I hear you on the stinging insects brother. There were occasions while felling trees to establish a firebreak that I cut a couple pines with wasp nests and experienced the sting,

The worse were those extremely aggressive 'Digger' bees that make their nests in the ground. Had the unfortunate experience on a couple fires of having stepped on the nests and pissing them off. Those bastards actually chase you down and work on you in numbers. I actually had to dive into the small inland lake once to shake them off.
🌊🏃‍♂️🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝,... and still a couple hung on to deliver the hurt. I'll take the black flies any day over the Diggers, lol.
Out here in California, we have " Meat Bees ", their little jaws are like little sharp sissors, that cut off some flesh ....REAL SWEET HEARTS .... I tell ya 🥺 !!!!

• Wow

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Yellow Stone Park , in Wyoming , has risen up two inches in the last 10 years ..... under it lies a Super Volcano .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts