The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
wouldn't want to be caught wandering around here with one.

HuH...HuH...HUH , Swat team, shoot first ask questions later.

actually i'm about 99% sure that we are not allowed to own a restricted weapon...period. I can visualize the registry application. formerly owned by a drug lord.....it's a guitar,honest, used for playing death metal stuff....

cheers
RIFF

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wouldn't want to be caught wandering around here with one.

HuH...HuH...HUH , Swat team, shoot first ask questions later.

actually i'm about 99% sure that we are not allowed to own a restricted weapon...period. I can visualize the registry application. formerly owned by a drug lord.....it's a guitar,honest, used for playing death metal stuff....

cheers
RIFF
I remember when my friend got dressed up as a cop for our Halloween party at school. She wore he dad's old uniform. She even had his old .38. The firing pin had been filed down.

So, I don't think those would be a problem. I doubt they still have the firing mechanism.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lol, they even made a lefty for us southpaws! Brings a tear to my eye and gives new meaning to "heavy metal", lol.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Damn we'd get shot or something if we brought one of those babies to school for band practise!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I'm probably in the minority, but I find those pretty offensive. Glorifying violence, or any of its tools, is not my bag.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm probably in the minority, but I find those pretty offensive. Glorifying violence, or any of its tools, is not my bag.
Actually, if you had bothered to look at all the pictures and read the captions, you would have understood that they are in fact statements against violence.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Actually, I did look at all of the pictures and read the captions...

I have no problem with the artist crafting an object that makes a statement condemning the original intended use (swords to plow shares, so to speak). The trouble is the inevitable use of that same object in a music video, or video game, objectifying power, oppression, violence, and destruction. That is what I find objectionable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually, I did look at all of the pictures and read the captions...

I have no problem with the artist crafting an object that makes a statement condemning the original intended use (swords to plow shares, so to speak). The trouble is the inevitable use of that same object in a music video, or video game, objectifying power, oppression, violence, and destruction. That is what I find objectionable.
I didn't read the captions I just looked at a few pictures but I don't think its objectifying violence because a gun that is turned into guitar can't do much damage(unless you use it as a club) but I guess a kid could see that and think "that guys playing a guitar that can kill people AWESOME!!!" I might of exagerated a bit but you get the point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts