The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference between the AL-2500 and the AL-2800? Also how much would it cost to ship it to canada, with the duties and everything?

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Xanadu, if you go to their site and add the item to you cart, then go to the cart page, there are options there to find out what the shipping and duty will be. I tried it out to my address and I got $75 USD for shipping.

I ordered an SX bass from Rondo and the total in the cart was the total I paid. There were no taxes or anything due when it arrived.

You can find used Agiles on eBay fairly frequently and pay way less, and less in shipping. And you usually get a case. I see them for sale on other forums I use as well.

This is a goldtop with P-90's, but it's just an example. And it's in Canada: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Agile-Goldtop-LP-style-with-P90s-w-Hard-Case-Wow_W0QQitemZ320003512513QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There aren't a ton of differences in the Agile LP copies till you get up into the 3000 models. Anything under that comes with ceramic pickups.

I don't

·
Registered
874 Posts
I priced out one of the 3000 models a few months back. If I remember correctly it was something like $650 CAN all told to get it to my door. I hear good things about them but just can,t get by that rounded horn.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey torndown, i compared them and I think the 2800 has alnico pickups.

oh, and i jus checked ebay, i can get a 3000 for $340. from canada.

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
When I look up the various 2800's on Rondo's site it says "New AL-Hot High Output Ceramic Pickups". But these are all the current models. I was sure the older 2800's had Alnicos in them as well.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
torndownunit said:
When I look up the various 2800's on Rondo's site it says "New AL-Hot High Output Ceramic Pickups". But these are all the current models. I was sure the older 2800's had Alnicos in them as well.
ok...yeah...it might be the older models, they have a specs page and it says that the 2800 has either alnico II covered or AL-HOT. so maybe the old ones had alnico

http://www.rondomusic.net/alspec.html

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
The older ones also looked a little better IMO. They had more finish options, and they had chrome pickup covers. Most of the new 2800's seem to have the black pickups and straight matt finishes. It seems Rondo's current batch of guitars sways from the LP copies towards some other styles of guitars. Their seems to be more SX LP's than Agiles. Their whole stock changes frequently though.

The local store in town had a really nice white 2500. That was actually the first time I got to pickup and play an Agile and it was really nice.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
torndownunit said:
The older ones also looked a little better IMO. They had more finish options, and they had chrome pickup covers. Most of the new 2800's seem to have the black pickups and straight matt finishes. It seems Rondo's current batch of guitars sways from the LP copies towards some other styles of guitars. Their seems to be more SX LP's than Agiles. Their whole stock changes frequently though.

The local store in town had a really nice white 2500. That was actually the first time I got to pickup and play an Agile and it was really nice.
I've never even played one...I've got a friend down in NJ, I was thinking about taking a road trip down there this summer, meet him up and go check out rondo.

It doesn't really matter, my parents would kill me if I buy anymore guitars. Just bought the 506, and the RG at christmas. And I'm buying a new amp soon. Just don't know what kind...

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
I know people who have bought the 2500's for $99 at the Rondo store. They have tons of clearence items there. So if there is a chance of checking it out, you should totally wait.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
torndownunit said:
I know people who have bought the 2500's for $99 at the Rondo store. They have tons of clearence items there. So if there is a chance of checking it out, you should totally wait.
yeah, well like I said. I can't buy one right now anyway.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
"ordered an SX bass from Rondo and the total in the cart was the total I paid. There were no taxes or anything due when it arrived."
That's cool. I thought they would only ship UPS, who charge rididculous brokerage fees. Hmmm.....

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
The brokerage fees are included in the cart as I said. There is shipping, and brokerage fees on the page. 2 different items totalled together as shipping. So you do pay brokerage, but you pay it up front not when the item arrives. And it was Fedex not UPS when I got the bass.

The shipping fees don't make it as much of a deal, but SX was the only company I could find offering a shortscale clone of a Fender Jazz Bass which was exactly what I wanted. The bass was $100 US + about $80 US in shipping fees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts