Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Not at the moment but I might down the road

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the newer models. I like the raised top which gives it a unique look.

Agile AL-3020 Burl Brown - RondoMusic.com

Agile AL-3020 Burl Brown $360.00 USD
A Spectacular Guitar with Amazing Sound!

Solid mahogany CNC carved arch top body with burl maple top

Bound body, neck and headstock

Grover Rotomatic tuners; Cepheus T-003 wide throw tune-O-matic bridge; Type V Alnico humbucker pickups; and Graph Tech Tusq nut

Adjustable truss rod

Stop-bar tailpiece transfers string vibration to the body of the guitar and produces superior sustain

Comfortable feel that will make you want to play for hours

Qty Price: $359.95

Grover Rotomatic tuners with 18-1 turning ratio for ultra fine tuning (Model 102-18N)
  • High output Type V Alnico humbucker pickups with red bobbin create that warm, traditional sound (humbucker pickups help reduce hum and noise and offer superior performance by giving a thicker fuller sound than single coils; humbuckers also create a much larger magnetic field, which helps eliminate dead spots and increases overall power of the pickup)
  • Adjustable truss rod in neck to offset alterations caused by changes in humidity, temperature, or new strings
  • High voltage, brass shaft pots for reduced noise and an improved pickup selector switch
  • Two volume controls, two tone controls, and a 3-way pickup selector switch allow a wide range of expressive control
  • Cepheus T-003 wide throw tune-O-matic bridge with graphite saddles
  • Set-in maple neck with ebony fretboard
  • 13.7" (350 mm) radius neck for fast play
  • D'addario 10-46 strings installed at the factory along with a professionally cut Graph Tech Tusq nut!
  • Individually hand filed frets for professional feel and playability
  • Stop-bar tailpiece transfers string vibration to the body of the guitar and produces superior sustain
  • Made in South Korea

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
Nah. I'm gonna wait for the Burl Ives version. That'll kill - and be at least as good as any Gibson out there. Especially with xmas music. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I'm not totally averse to the idea of a custom neck-through Agile as I think it would be fun, but the neck profiles are too skinny front to back, regardless of whether they're 1.75" or 1.68" wide. The 0.75" depth at the first fret is quite shallow.

This one looks to have a deeper neck profile and I've been gassing for a Custom: Agile AL-3010SE Black Gold HW - RondoMusic.com

·
Registered
662 Posts
I’d own an agile at some point, but not that one; I don’t even see the point in that design? Les Paul guys are pretty serious about their top caps, and this design just looks bad IMO... they could play the ergonomics card all they want, but it’s a moot point on a guitar that already traditionally comes with a carved top.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not totally averse to the idea of a custom neck-through Agile as I think it would be fun, but the neck profiles are too skinny front to back, regardless of whether they're 1.75" or 1.68" wide. The 0.75" depth at the first fret is quite shallow.

This one looks to have a deeper neck profile and I've been gassing for a Custom: Agile AL-3010SE Black Gold HW - RondoMusic.com
Interesting. That one has appealed to me for a long time. I would also like it in a dark red with the gold hardware. I don't like the plastic knobs on any guitar. Nice gold knurled ones would look more classy.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’d own an agile at some point, but not that one; I don’t even see the point in that design? Les Paul guys are pretty serious about their top caps, and this design just looks bad IMO... they could play the ergonomics card all they want, but it’s a moot point on a guitar that already traditionally comes with a carved top.
Well, it's not a replacement for the standard LP, just something similar with a bit of its own design.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
normally they say the thickness of the maple top if it is actually there...its is most likely a maple veneer

the ad says adjustible truss rod...do you mean they are taking it out?
Most of their maple tops are 3/4" thick. Since it doesn't say that, it could be a veneer. You would have to check.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
First thing that popped into my head was ..."Just because you can,doesn't mean you should ".

Well first thing right after right after ugh !

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
889 Posts
Not even close. When you gig and record as much as I do, an Agile would fall apart. With the money one would spend having to upgrade/fix all the stuff on the Agile, you could save up more and buy a used Edwards or Greco or similar MIJ quality, never mind just waiting it out for a really nice Gibson LP. I’m also not the demographic for cheap copy import guitars. Had them all and watched them all fall apart in my hands. Buy used and buy high quality. Only way to go.

W.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Friends don't let friends carve guitar tops while drunk. o_O

I owned an Agile LP copy once (a something 2000 model)... I'd picked it up as part of a trade and after I got it adjusted and set up as well as it could be, I realized it was pretty much never going to be anything more than a cheap guitar and gave it to a friend who was just starting to learn, along with a little Crate amp I'd had in the closet for years and years... He still has them and in ten years he's learned a handful of chords and plays it every couple of weeks and it suits him just fine... but personally, I think it's a half-decently manufactured piece of crap...

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've got about $15,000 invested in some very nice guitars and after 50 years of playing Agile is my #1 pick for best in their class. My most recent Agile came out of the box with nothing more than a string height adjustment and a pro set of pick ups needed to make it a first class player. Sometimes I find myself hating this guitar because it reminds me of how foolish I've been in the past spending big bucks on headstock logos.

As far as that guitar you've got us looking at, hey to each his own.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts