The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Again? C'mon Mike, have mercy.

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mhammer 
#1 ·
It's been, what, about 45 minutes since Electro-Harmonix' last pedal release?

Just got this month's issue of Vintage Guitar in the mail, and there are two new pedals advertised on the back cover: the Pitch Fork +, and the 1440 Stereo Looper.

Can't see any mention of them on the EHX website, and no advertainment videos on Youtube, so I gather they are poised for release, but not available yet.

The Pitch Fork+ has two independent pitch shifting engines of +/-3 octaves each, a 4-character LED window for status/editting information, and 100 presets, along with a bunch of other features.

The 1440 Stereo Looper continues where the 720 (get it?) left off. It has up to 20 loops with 24 minutes of stereo recording, the same 4-character LED display, a bunch of push-button access effects, and a continuously variable "Tempo" control, which seems to have been borrowed from the Chase Bliss Blooper.

Personally, I'm not lusting, but I thought some of you would likely be interested. So keep your eyes peeled.

See less See more
#4 ·
I pestered Tom Wiltshire into producing a one-shot generator chip that sends out a limited burst of one of 8 different waveforms, for a designated number of repetitions, at a designated rate. One-shot Event Generator | Electric Druid This video shows one fellow's use of the chip as a synth control module. The Cntl Knob is handy for switching between presets, but only provides a fixed setting. That's certainly useful, but the one-shot generator provides something more dynamic, which is better suited for modulation pedals, or things that can lend themselves to being transformed into modulation pedals.
For those interested, I posted more about this last year: A different kind of controller Now that so many more pedals include expression-pedal input jacks, I think there is a future for what one might call "adjunct control devices"; things that expend the modulation capabilities of a pedal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.