The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a 72 blonde Tele here locally for $2400. Seems like a really good price with Reverb values $3000-$4000 but it does have an aftermarket Fender Bigsby. Everything is original including the OHSC.

How much of a hit is that aftermarket trem?

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
Depends on what it looks like. And how long it's been on there for. You have to look at it when comparing with reverb the an extra holes in the top.

Also if you're going to keep it or not. You See, if you sell it right away then your question is very pertinent. but if you know you're going to keep it for a number of years no less than three or four probably doesn't matter nearly as much as you think.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ash body and all original. Only mod is the trem.

I haven't tried it yet but i plan to take it for a spin this weekend if its still available.

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Premium Member
12,241 Posts
Period / Vintage correct, so I don't think much of a hit. But I am a Bigsby fan, so it's a plus for me, not a minus.

But the reverse controls, that's a non-starter for me. I would have to spend hundreds and hundreds to remediate that problem!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Period / Vintage correct, so I don't think much of a hit. But I am a Bigsby fan, so it's a plus for me, not a minus.

But the reverse controls, that's a non-starter for me. I would have to spend hundreds and hundreds to remediate that problem!
It's only a 5-10 minute job to unreverse the controls. Hopefully the added onto the original leads to get the extra length. Then you can just snip it back to the original wire.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll add that I already have a Danocaster tele so this could be better, could be worse.

It's certainly an appealing deal.

Reactions: seadonkey

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
looks like a nice guitar....my first electric was an early 70s Tele (purchased in mid 80s). Does he have the original bridge?

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,194 Posts
Ash body and all original. Only mod is the trem.

I haven't tried it yet but i plan to take it for a spin this weekend if its still available.
You sure it's aftermarket? The bigsby is correct, do you have a pic of the back of the guitar?

Reactions: mario

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You sure it's aftermarket? The bigsby is correct, do you have a pic of the back of the guitar?
Just going by the ad and still pending more pics.

1971/72 year
8/10 condition
Excellent action and playability without any issues
Aftermarket Bigsby Vibrato
Original pickups and all hardware
Light weight and resonant ash body
Original hard case
Tons of mojo, sounds amazing. The real deal
Priced to sell- these go for around $3k- $3500 now online.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,194 Posts
Just going by the ad and still pending more pics.

1971/72 year
8/10 condition
Excellent action and playability without any issues
Aftermarket Bigsby Vibrato
Original pickups and all hardware
Light weight and resonant ash body
Original hard case
Tons of mojo, sounds amazing. The real deal
Priced to sell- these go for around $3k- $3500 now online.
Ask for a pic of the back and see if there are string holes.....you may get lucky :)

Reactions: murraythek
1 - 16 of 16 Posts