The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broke down and bought my first Les Paul - a 2002 Desertburst Standard. Horrendously expensive (by my standards) but after a week I have concluded that it was worth every penny. Absolutely perfect construction and finish (I understand that Gibson put a big push on improving quality that year - and it shows).

After her first tryout with the band last night I couldn't even imagine changing out the pickups - I thought the Burstbuckers were very, very good. She will relegate my 82' Tokai to backup duties.

The only question left is what was I waiting for?

·
Registered
187 Posts
allthumbs56 said:
Sure did. Is that you Sulo?

*L*
Now how did I know I've seen (and played) that guitar before ! :food-smiley-004:
I'm not Sulo but I know him quite well...glad to see that guitar stayed in Canada...Congrats !

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
great score, beautiful guitar.

Yes, real LPs are expensive, but I agree, well worth the cost.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Love the guitar!! I'm bought my 2nd Les Paul style guitar a few months ago. My first one was like a cheap Barracuda one, but I know have a Epiphone Less Paul 100. The thing I like about mine though is the body. It's very thin compared to standar Les Pauls and very light weighted.

·
Premium Member
16,961 Posts
that is one fine looking instrument right there. i think the next les paul i get will be my heritage H-157 (les paul classic), that'll be a good long wait :( lol

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love the guitar!! I'm bought my 2nd Les Paul style guitar a few months ago. My first one was like a cheap Barracuda one, but I know have a Epiphone Less Paul 100. The thing I like about mine though is the body. It's very thin compared to standar Les Pauls and very light weighted.
If you dig Les Pauls but not the price then I'd recommend you look for a Tokai (preferrably late 70's - mid 80's). They offer an amazing build quality and vibe for a much saner price. I've had this 82' Custom for about five years and it's very, very close to the "real deal".

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Nice guitar Allthumbs56 and I absolutely agree with you on the Tokais. I've got a Love Rock myself. Great guitar and as you say the price is much saner.

If you dig Les Pauls but not the price then I'd recommend you look for a Tokai (preferrably late 70's - mid 80's). They offer an amazing build quality and vibe for a much saner price. I've had this 82' Custom for about five years and it's very, very close to the "real deal".

1 - 20 of 32 Posts