The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this is my first post, but I've been on these boards for a while. I'm wondering if anybody knows of any custom guitar luthiers within Canada that are......rather.....affordable?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I don't think affordable and custom can be used in the same sentence, unless the sentence is: "Custom guitars are not affordable, unless you save your pennies for 27 years!"

Hah, they're not Canadian but they ship to Canada, will run you quite a bit of cash, check out Ran Guitars... takes about 6-9 months for it to get built and shipped from what I've read. Quality shit!

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Carvin. american, but you'll be paying under a grand for a USA-made strat, to your specs, compared to whatever fender charges for a new strat.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Carvin are the most affordable custom guitars on the planet. Their level of customization is limited to their predetermined body styles, but they cover the basics. They also can build them fairly quickly and you can get your guitar in about 3 or 4 months depending on what you order..............

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can also check out warmoth.com, still not quite "inexpensive," but you do get a bit more custom options than with a carvin. The only downside is that you have to put it together yourself (IF that's a downside)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess there really ain't any places?
I'd want a sort of custom shape and such, well more like, a modified Nuno...

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
"custom" and "affordable" dont really go in the same sentence :p

just keep saving up, dont settle, and get that dream axe :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Custom Made Guitar

You could try 'Fury Guitars' in Saskatoon. Glenn Macdougall has stock models but he'll customize colours, pickup selections (single/double) etc. Fabulous Canadian made guitars.

Don

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
You could try 'Fury Guitars' in Saskatoon. Glenn Macdougall has stock models but he'll customize colours, pickup selections (single/double) etc. Fabulous Canadian made guitars.

Don
custom usually means you can get every part of the guitar to your specs, mainly the body shape, woods used, neck shape, woods used, pickups, colour, etc.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If you are looking for an inexpensive custom built guitar, I would recomend that you look for a builder who is fairly new and is still building as a hobby. Anyone that is more established will likely be busy so their time is more valuable.

One off guitars are more expensive than a production run, and putting together what one believes to be all of the best parts together does not always yield the desired result. For example putting a Floyd Rose on a Les Paul can be done but it doesn't mean that it will feel right.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I know a guy that will build custom made for less than $2K U.S. out of PA.

Bolt on with hand carved bodies and necks. Your choice of hardware.

If you start to get fancy the price can rise.

I've seen his stuff it looks really nice.

2 grand is cheap for custom.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts