The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I'll 25 presets available on my DMC-4. Can you guys think of what presets are essential for you? I'll start it off with what I know I need for my set-up.

1. Metal: EVH Phase + 1/2 step down shift
  2. Metal: EVH flange + 1/2 step down shift
  3. Metal: Lead - Delay + Reverb (cross between satriani and david gilmour)
  4. Metal: Lead - pitch-shifted lead (Iron Maiden)
  5. Metal: Rhythm - chorus + reverb + light delay (a la Ratt)
  6. Metal: Droptune - down full step
  7. Blues: light reverb
  8. Blues: Heavy Reverb
Can you guys recommend "sounds" that make good presets. Maybe even post videos of what you mean?

Here's an example of a cool tone - listen to that FUZZ!!! (I'm going to try and get it myself once all the pedals arrive):

·
Premium Member
18,599 Posts
Delay into reverb for your super spacey sounds. Did you get the Space too or just timefactor and the reverb one? Perhaps a Flange+short delay (3 repeats, lower than noon mix) for EVH solos.

Honestly I'm not sure how many presets you're going to end up using.

·
Premium Member
18,822 Posts
Consider creating a jazz preset for when you are much older.

Jazz: Boring, blanket over the amp, tone knob at minus 2-3 and a tiny bit of reverb*
(*if you are progressive/daring)

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Delay into reverb for your super spacey sounds. Did you get the Space too or just timefactor and the reverb one? Perhaps a Flange+short delay (3 repeats, lower than noon mix) for EVH solos.

Honestly I'm not sure how many presets you're going to end up using.
I have the space, time, mod, and pitch. I actually emailed them asking to start working on an overdrive factor pedal. That would be cool - but unlikely.

The ones I listed above are my go-tos outside of an ACDC style crunch (for which I don't use effects).

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Consider creating a jazz preset for when you are much older.

Jazz: Boring, blanket over the amp, tone knob at minus 2-3 and a tiny bit of reverb*
(*if you are progressive/daring)
I often play walking bass type stuff. I'll just pop the reverb on for that one ;)

I'm going to try and use the presets to prevent some tap dancing.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I'd do a longer delay into reverb with a low pass on the timefactor that can do huge swells. I remember loving one like that.

I'd also set up a dual delay with dotted 8th for u2/rhythmic playing.

Do they do a master tap tempo?

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd do a longer delay into reverb with a low pass on the timefactor that can do huge swells. I remember loving one like that.

I'd also set up a dual delay with dotted 8th for u2/rhythmic playing.

Do they do a master tap tempo?
I'd have to hear an example, but I can certainly fiddle with those effects and see what happens.

I plan on doing a riff on my ditto looper and tweaking until it sounds good for each preset.

Yes, tap tempo will sync all the pedals.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I completely forget what delay type you start with, but basicly higher feedback or repeats, 50% mix or more, low pass filter (or high cut, forget the option) and maybe into the space. I put it into a Cathedral at the time, sounded huge.

You would have to control the guitar volume or with a pedal as it can get out of hand pretty fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts