The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Advice...never go to the 12th Fret when you've just got a bonus...NAD !!!

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  StratCat 
#1 · (Edited)
So, yesterday I went by the 12th Fret on my way home. Not that the Fret was actually on my way, I did have to make a significant detour to get there. However, I had not been in for a couple of weeks so...why not.
As I walked by the front counter, I sort of rubbed my eyes in disbelief. Sitting there was a Boogie Kingsnake.
I had played one of these at L&M about 4 years ago when they came out. Really wanted it bad but could not do it back then. It was a limited run. I'm not sure but I think 400 made world-wide.
Since then, I've been looking for one of these used locally (or at least in Canada) and have not seen even one for sale. I don't know why it even took me the 30 seconds it did to decide to buy it. I had just been gifted a bonus from a very generous production company I work for so technically I had the dough. Still there was a few seconds of evaluating the "do I really need this" question. The answer....of course I do.
As you can imagine I spent the evening dialing in the amp. got a gig tonight and this amp has just usurped what I going to use. Very excited

See less See more
#21 ·
Used the Kingsnake on Saturday night.
It was SOOOOOOO good !!! Got lots of compliments on my tone :D so I wasn't the only one digging it. Mind you.....there was a lot of alcohol consumption going on...and the compliments came later in the night so.....
AND.....I used it on the 10 watt setting all night. totally gigable volume.

#24 ·
Used the Kingsnake on Saturday night.
It was SOOOOOOO good !!! Got lots of compliments on my tone :D so I wasn't the only one digging it. Mind you.....there was a lot of alcohol consumption going on...and the compliments came later in the night so.....
AND.....I used it on the 10 watt setting all night. totally gigable volume.

I don’t know... are you sure you didn’t dream all that adulation and what you really want to do is post an ad in the ´for sale’ section...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.