The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, yesterday I went by the 12th Fret on my way home. Not that the Fret was actually on my way, I did have to make a significant detour to get there. However, I had not been in for a couple of weeks so...why not.
As I walked by the front counter, I sort of rubbed my eyes in disbelief. Sitting there was a Boogie Kingsnake.
I had played one of these at L&M about 4 years ago when they came out. Really wanted it bad but could not do it back then. It was a limited run. I'm not sure but I think 400 made world-wide.
Since then, I've been looking for one of these used locally (or at least in Canada) and have not seen even one for sale. I don't know why it even took me the 30 seconds it did to decide to buy it. I had just been gifted a bonus from a very generous production company I work for so technically I had the dough. Still there was a few seconds of evaluating the "do I really need this" question. The answer....of course I do.
As you can imagine I spent the evening dialing in the amp. got a gig tonight and this amp has just usurped what I going to use. Very excited

·
Premium Member
17,192 Posts
Congrats! What were you going to use?

·
Premium Member
17,192 Posts
Nice amp.

I went into the 12th Fret once and came out with a new Martin HD35 Custom Shop that they’d forgotten they had layin in the basement for years. I ain’t been back since because they might have more stuff I’d have to buy.
My first time was with @greco and @Hamstrung - walked out with a bass head. Our singer lives in the neighbourhood, which is dangerous for him.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Seriously cool amp. And one of the few new amps that goes for more used than they were when they were new. Limited supply (and not out of production, so supply capped) cannot keep up with demand. Good score.

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
The one thing I don't miss when I lived 6 blocks from that store was the pain of going in there and not having the $$$ to buy anything.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts