The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this guy who contacted me across craigslist asked about me trading him my MIJ 89 Fender 54RI Stratocaster for his 70s Traynor Reverb Master and matching 2X12. I asked my dad and he thinks I would be an idiot to do the trade. He doesn't know anything about traynor and neither do I so I need some suggestions and advice. here's his amp and here's my guitar.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
OK, so this guy who contacted me across craigslist asked about me trading him my MIJ 89 Fender 54RI Stratocaster for his 70s Traynor Reverb Master and matching 2X12. I asked my dad and he thinks I would be an idiot to do the trade. He doesn't know anything about traynor and neither do I so I need some suggestions and advice. here's his amp and here's my guitar.
Well, I don't know anything about the worth of your guitar but I know that the head is worth $300 or more and at least $200 for the cab. On Ebay some rich American might easily pay twice that!

Compare that to what you paid for the guitar.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'd take that trade any day. Traynor is excellent quality. As long as the swap suits your needs, the dollar value seems to be in order. You likely won't find anyone who will trash the Traynor brand name. they've been around for 40+ years.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
That grille cloth is either painted or switched. Later Traynors did use a darker grille cloth but those amps usually have different graphics than the one in the pic; it could be a transitional model but it is most likely switched. Also, both the head and cab are missing the logos. This is very common because people were embarrassed to play a "crappy" Traynor and would rip off the logos and, often, change the grilled cloth.

Its a good amp, but the 70s Traynor stuff is fairly common. Use the above "defects" to get some money on top of the trade.

TG

·
Registered
274 Posts
that amp is going to be SUPER loud and very hard sounding. the value of traynors is going up though. I dont know how much your guitar is worth really

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought the guitar for over $700 used. so i guess it's a no deal. ive been offered $650 for the guitar the other day but I don't want to take cash and have nothing lined up(i would probably end up spending the money slowly but surely on other things)

·
Premium Member
16,946 Posts
why you sellin the strat?

i want a 70's traynor YBA-something-good (YBA-3??? traynor garnet, im lookin at you!) but i never have $550 or so whenever they come up in ottawa :(:(:(

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey sesroh......
I would hang on to the strat.....its a beauty....
I love the color too.....
You can get a traynor....for a reasonable price....
new or used....
better yet....that guitar would go great with a mesa boogie lonestar special.....save up your cash...and take the plunge for pure class A tube sound.....you wont regret it....IMO

Auger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts