The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help guys.

I have a line on an older Tryanor YT-12 cab for $150

I’m looking to pair it with a 66 Tremolux. I like warmer tones and I know nothing about this cab.

Should I get

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
They are big cabs, so more lows. The whizzer cones are a neat idea, but I don't think anyone loves them. Fair price, but you may invest in speakers down the road.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Heavy overdrive is not their forte, the whizzers tend to make unhappy sounds. Some folks cut the whizzers off with an exacto knife.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
They are big cabs, so more lows. The whizzer cones are a neat idea, but I don't think anyone loves them. Fair price, but you may invest in speakers down the road.
Thanks, that would account for some of the high price in that link I posted, still surprised me though.
Um, those Norelcos are legendary and sought after. You could make back the price of the cab by selling just the drive units on ebay. ... also the whizzers only make bad noises when the speaker is being pushed too hard. So don't cut the whizzers off; sell the drive units to someone who likes them and install something else.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Legendary to whom? They're good clean. Not so much overdrive, even less good distorted.
A rather small niche of Traynor fans but mostly hifi guys. I've heard them sound very good overdriven with smaller amps. Fuckin great clean.

Reactions: Rabbit
1 - 12 of 12 Posts