The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you're really bent on getting a new guitar I'd recommend a Mexi strat or some sort of Epiphone. That way you get not too bad of a guitar that will last a while but if you end up not being too into playing guitar you're not out a heck of a lot of money. Plus, it leaves you some room to buy a practice amp and a pedal or two.

Really though, you could do a lot better for your money to buy a second hand one. Let someone else take the loss on buying new and finding out they weren't really that interested in learning guitar.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm sure you'll find something good. You seem really interested in the process of getting a guitar, which is half the battle, really. Just try a whole bunch of them out and see which is best. Even with the same model of guitar- try a bunch. Some are just more musical than others.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sounds like you're leaning towards an SG, which is a good choice. Except for the Firebird, all Gibsons have glued in necks, so I wouldn't worry too much about the quality or sound of them. It's a pretty tried and true way of putting a neck on.

Go for an SG!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm pretty sure Firebirds have a neck through body, unlike the LP, SG and 335 style guitars, which have a glued in set neck.

I'm not even addressing bolt-on Gibson style guitars. That's just wrong wrong wrong. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.