The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been clearing some shelves and want to convert my guitar instructional media to digital using my pc .... i would appreciate any advice as to software / hardware required.....

thanks
ets

L

·
0 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For DVD to digital, you'll need 'ripping' software.
There is free stuff out there. Not sure how well it works or if it leaves a watermark.
How to convert a DVD to MP4 files in Windows or MacOS
For VHS to digital, you'll need an adapter that connects your VHS player to your computer.
Even though most on the market 'rip' straight to DVD, you can select 'save to hard drive' options.
The Best VHS to DVD Converters 2017 | Top Ten Reviews

thank you very much larry :)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I've been undertaking something similar (mini-DV to DVD) with home movies and I'm wishing I had just taken the box of tapes to Costco and had them do it. It's so time consuming.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
What about BetaMax (or whatever that pre VHS format was called, from the early-mid 80's, that died out fast). Our wedding's on it, we've never watched it in 32+ years, now my best man just passed, I think it might be cool to look back on how we and all our friends and family looked back then.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
What about BetaMax (or whatever that pre VHS format was called, from the early-mid 80's, that died out fast). Our wedding's on it, we've never watched it in 32+ years, now my best man just passed, I think it might be cool to look back on how we and all our friends and family looked back then.
You have to find a betamax player 1st.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been undertaking something similar (mini-DV to DVD) with home movies and I'm wishing I had just taken the box of tapes to Costco and had them do it. It's so time consuming.
not as time consuming as making mix tapes from 33 lps ;-)

L

·
0 Posts
My brother has a betamax player stored in the basement.
It worked 30 years ago when he replaced it with a VHS.

As for the hookup of your machine to a computer ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts