The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Acoustic Case Recommendations

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  RedFenderBender 
#1 ·
Are there any cases for a standard acoustic out there that anyone would recommend?

Bored of the standard Yorkville one.

Wouldn't spend more than say $110 before tax.

#10 · (Edited)
I would second the TRIC case. I have one for my 5th Avenue. They are tough and really protect your guitar. They also seem pretty airtight. I can leave my 5th Avenue in the case for a month and no matter what the temperature and humidity is in the house, it stays in tune when in the case.

#17 ·
$400 for a case seems a bit much. Gigbag? Are they kiddin? I dont own any guitars that id punish by placing in a Trashb..i mean Gigbag...most hardshell cases around $125.-$150. Will do. Preferably the case that the manufacturer suggests for the Guitar you purchased is the one id buy....i think guitar stores are rippin us off, cause i was always under the belief that when they have good guitars shipped to their store, they All Come in cases! However i realize they attempt to make us think otherwise...Bastards!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
$400 for a case seems a bit much. Gigbag? Are they kiddin? I dont own any guitars that id punish by placing in a Trashb..i mean Gigbag...most hardshell cases around $125.-$150. Will do. Preferably the case that the manufacturer suggests for the Guitar you purchased is the one id buy....i think guitar stores are rippin us off, cause i was always under the belief that when they have good guitars shipped to their store, they All Come in cases! However i realize they attempt to make us think otherwise...Bastards!
I used to think that too. But there's a market out there for it.

Where I am, we drive everywhere, so I have lots of room to throw a HS case or two in the car along with lots of gear. I've read about people in cities like New York that travel far differently, like by subway, carrying all their gear, and a good gigbag is a necessity. I couldn't imagine carrying all my gear in one go. Most of the time, I couldn't imagine not being able to back up to the door of the gig and going back and forth 3 or 4 times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.