The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for an acoustic OM around $500, was thinking something seagull or an eastman, but was also hoping to find some recommendations for stores that may potentially have some sales around boxing day, I tried to look around black friday but it didn't seem there were too many deals online. Guitar would be used for an intermediate player, wanting to get into more fingerpicking.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Go see the guys at Thorold Music on Glendale over by the Penn Center or The Acoustic Room in Hamilton. If you want something with outstanding sustain, try to find a used Yamaha L6 A.R.E. New, they are $700.00 but you should be able to find a used one in your budget range.

Reactions: mawmow

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
We kind of row the same boat. I bought brand new Seagull Performer and Eastman AC122ce last Summer as my teacher suggested I needed a cutaway for my fingerstyle course. These, used, should get in your budget. I agree with the Yamaha suggestion since I once owned a LS-16 I had bought used in the same price range.
The Seagull has a quite big C-shaped neck, while the others are more comfortable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Seagull sws maritime concert hall guitar that is very sweet. Smaller size and so easy to play. Also solid mahogany back/sides so a good introduction to mid-range guitars. I highly recommend. They sell for $800 new but you should be able to find one for $400ish used.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Not sure of style of music, but a wood body gretsch roundneck (boxcar?) can be had new for under 500.00 reg price. Just offering an alternative suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts