The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is powerful enough for me.......

Jeff Flowerday said:
I had one for a bit but it wasn't near powerful enough.
.....when I play in the living room or jamming with friends in a small room. Never really tried it in an open area. The only drawback is the one channel and no reverb but it is fine with me.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fender Acoustasonic UltraLite

http://www.fender.com/products/sear...rtno=2271000000

http://www.fender.com/products/sear...rtno=2271700000

Tried this rig, and it absolutely killed the normal Acoustasonic amps. The closed back cab gives it a very full warm sound. I didn't have a whole lot to compare it to beside a couple Traynor and Yorkville acoustic amps though.

And it's extremely light weight. You can carry the cab and head bag in one hand. I think 25lbs total, not bad for 250 Watts.

I'm taking it to practice tomorrow so we'll see how it holds up with both acoustic guitars going through it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It had better hold up..Our singer is like one of the three tenors:)

·
Banned
153 Posts
I will use a soundtech powered stereo mixer through a through a pair of small ev speakers with a DI acoustic preamp-the preamp I dont have yet. I think its the real popular stombox one one that goes for about a hundred and a half U.S., but I cannot recall which one at the moment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Jeff
I have been useing an AER compact 60 and I love it. This amp is very small , but don't let that fool you.I have never had an acoustic sound so good and I have tried most of the major brands. Just try one . It will knock you sox off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Genz Benz Shen Pro 200. Sweeet amp, bought it after 3 months of research and testing. Very natural but has the Tube blend as well to warm things up a little. Great Alesis effects built into both channels and tonnes of power. Second choice would have been an Ultrasound CP-100 but they are tough to find, and with only half the wattage usually cost more.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Accoustic Amp?

Duh?
I have been using a Fender Squire 10w SS with Dean Markley sound hole wooden pickups on my 2 accoustic and a Dean markley "button tranduser" on my "f" hole archtop.Thought they sounded OK, certainly more consistant than miking. Sound good through my national tube amp as well. What am I missing here? Actual amps just for accoustics? (ps they sound awesome through the Line 6 Spider modeller also)
Can anyone clarify for me?
cheers
RIFF WRATH

·
Premium Member
11,005 Posts
Traynor Acoustic Master AM150.

It didn't ship with the tilt back legs or the effects footswitch so I purchased them seperately. Works well, especially when only a moderate amount of amplification is required to compete with louder acoustic instruments like violin, concertina, vocals, or just a whole lot of them together. Sounds lousy with magnetic pickups, but very nice with transducers and mics. Handles mandolin and violin well too.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I played the new small Fishman amp the other day. I can't remember the actual model name, but it was around $700. and was quite portable, as opposed to some of their other amps. Two channels with reverb, lots of bells and whistles but more to the point, easy to dial in a really good sound. I think lots of places deal in Fishman, so maybe ask at your local music store?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great Amp

I've used an AER compact60 and an alpha. I think these amps are great sounding, and compact. A bit pricey, but the portability partially makes up for that.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts