The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find these more enjoyable then all the other hip hop focused awards. It's great to watch great musicians back some of these artists up.

Les Pauls ruled the show. I've seen it going that way for a few years but it looks like a full convert.

I didn't watch the whole show, but I don't remember seeing one Strat. :eek:

Great to see Brad Paisley win the top Male award. A singer, songwriter and kick ass guitarist. He really ripped it up during his performance as well, though I though vocally he was a little dry.

What the hell was up with that teenager's Tim McGraw song? You could see how uncomfortable he was when she walked down there. Major cheese!

Finally, I've seen it all. George Strait playing a Taylor! :eek: Looked like it was custom made 910, but without the fancy inlays.

Jeff

·
Registered
316 Posts
I started to watch it but the sight of Reba makes me wanna barf since she bashed the Dixie Chicklets with her fellow 'war monger' Toby Keith. Brad Paisley is a monster guitar player for sure, man I love those Vox tones. I'm assuming that was a Crook Tele he was playin; looks like they modified the headstock a bit. Must have been gettin some pressure from Fender.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bRian said:
I started to watch it but the sight of Reba makes me wanna barf since she bashed the Dixie Chicklets with her fellow 'war monger' Toby Keith. Brad Paisley is a monster guitar player for sure, man I love those Vox tones. I'm assuming that was a Crook Tele he was playin; looks like they modified the headstock a bit. Must have been gettin some pressure from Fender.
Well I guess I'm of the opposite opinion. I have alot more respect for Reba than the Ditsy Chicks. Musical talents aside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts