The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got under way with this new guitar model.
The spec.
Swamp ash body and top with a Padauk accent.
Neck is 5 piece maple/mahogany with a violet rosewood boeard and at the moment an ebony headplate.
Hardware.
Sperzel locking tuners an ABM 3D roller bridge ACG FatGit pickups vol/tone 3 way switch with coil tap on the vol/tone.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bit more work done today.
The control cavity done trussrod fitted and neck pocket routed out and neck fitted.
Some more pics at the link below.

ACG Gallery

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Love watching these come together... I just might take the leap and try building something for myself in the near future.

Great work!

Cheers,
Joe

·
Administrator
16,160 Posts
I love the look but are you really going to have to body start at the 12th fret? That seems way too low to me. LP's start @ the 17th and even that can restrict access to some of the higher frets.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a great deal of carving to do at the back and in effect the neck will feel as normal all the way up to the 21st. I hope with it being a set neck that the heel will not effect access and should make the guitar more playable than the normal bolt on with my usual heel.

·
Administrator
16,160 Posts
skelf said:
There is a great deal of carving to do at the back and in effect the neck will feel as normal all the way up to the 21st. I hope with it being a set neck that the heel will not effect access and should make the guitar more playable than the normal bolt on with my usual heel.
Sounds good. I tend to wrap my thumb over the neck (big hands) and always have trouble up high unless it's a nice double cut.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
davetcan said:
Sounds good. I tend to wrap my thumb over the neck (big hands) and always have trouble up high unless it's a nice double cut.:food-smiley-004:

I can't do the wrap over thumb thing hands to small.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Mr Tones likewise I enjoy seeing what you are up to.
The guitars have taken a bit of a back seat at the moment all basses in my order book so working on them for the most part.
alan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts