The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I have just started building this guitar here are the specs.

Black limba body with a quilted maple top and ebony centre line and a black veneer contrast line between them. The control cavity will have a black limba cover.
The neck is a 5 piece maple/mahogany with an ebony fingerboard. And an ebony headplate.

Hardware is all in black.
Schaller 3-D roller bridge.
Sperzel locking tuners.
2 ACG FatGit custom wound humbuckers.
These will be connected to a 3 way switch and a coil tap on the volume and tone.

This guitar will have an oil finish.

If you would like to see another Skelf you can at:

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/galleryitem.php?ID=83

You can also see the matching bass for the same customer at:

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/galleryitem.php?ID=86

·
Registered
306 Posts
Keep us posted...

Now, this is something new and interesting! Keep us posted with the progress. My first impression of the guitar is that I thought it would make a great shape for a bass...then, I looked at the second link for the bass. I used to have an Ibanez PL5150 that had a similar shape...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
I am in the process of working up a bass version of this body shape there is a single cut version of it on my site.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got some more work done on the guitar. The neck pocket cut along with the pickup cavities. Got the body contoured.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi screem
I will be putting in my own ACG FatGit custom wound humbuckers.

On this guitar the bridge pickup will be wound with an Alnico 5 magnet and the bridge with an Alnico 3 magnet this gives a good mix of sounds just from the switching.

Aaron Armstrong ( Kents son) make the pickups for me.

This is a set of bass pickups the guitar ones follow the same format.

I should have some new pics just shortly.
The neck is now fretted and the side dots are in tomorrow I will ne working on the headstock if all goes to plan.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Lowtones
I am well impressed with your current guitar. I have not tried a carved top yet but I will at some point if it comes out as well as yours I will be well pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ajcoholic said:
That shape is growing on me... not sure at first but those last few pics look amazing!

AJC
I have to agree with you AJ it does grow on you. Think Skelf would get all pissy if I took his shape and did a carve top with it?:wink:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Lowtones said:
I have to agree with you AJ it does grow on you. Think Skelf would get all pissy if I took his shape and did a carve top with it?:wink:

If you make a carved top of my guitar I will send my Canadian wife back home and she will hunt you down and talk very harshly to you until you see the error of your ways.

:smile:

·
Registered
644 Posts
skelf said:
If you make a carved top of my guitar I will send my Candadian wife back home and she will hunt you down and talk very harshly to you until you see the error of your ways.

:smile:
Yikes!!! One Canadian wife talking very harshly to me is enough. I guess your shape is safe, I don't need those kind of problems. LOL Where in Canada is your wife from?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are in more danger than you know. She who must be obeyed seems to have a cloaking device built in. That is the only way I can explain how she manages to appear out of nowhere the second I clock the rather attractive young lady across the street.

·
Registered
644 Posts
skelf said:
You are in more danger than you know. She who must be obeyed seems to have a cloaking device built in. That is the only way I can explain how she manages to appear out of nowhere the second I clock the rather attractive young lady across the street.
I hear you Brother. My wife can't see the red, check engine oil light, in her car,flashing in front of her face but she could spot a molocule of lipstick on my collar from a hundred meters away. In a heavy rain storm. LOL

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi
Some more work on the guitar.
The neck has been shaped and fitted to the body.
The headstock has been sorted out as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts