The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I tried to imgur a photo to no avail. Go ogle a 1983 Les Paul Custom, Pearl Sparkle to get an image. Sorry, I'll keep trying.

Anyhow, I wasn't looking ,by any means, for another Les Paul. I wasn't looking. I have a few guitars that I need to spend some time with already.
It was just there in the window. A pawn store on the way to work that normally has a Hamer and a mandolin on display. As well as some fancy knives and some tools. last week I walked by to see this smoking Custom sitting there. I said "wtf?", check it out! The sales person insisted on taking it out of the window herself. I demurred, even though it was already mine. She handed it to me, I turned it over in my hands, I knew in that moment what I had, for I have studied and surfed. I said, "I'll take it ".

The finish on this 34 year old guitar is tobacco teeth yellow with glitter. Not my description. But the glitter is like a gold top, fine sparkles. A classy finish that year, among others. Custom appointments like MOP and gold hardware, ebony board and all the binding. Shaw pups and Shaller licensed winding tuners. Really clean. The thickness at the top bouts is 2", weighs about 10.5 - 11 lbs.

It plays like my other Lp's. It came with fresh 10's, i'll put 11's on it. It came with an 80's branded case, not a chainsaw. It is in 8.5/10 shape for 34. I will try to keep it. I see me playing this guitar in my wedding band when I'm 60.

I will post action shots in the new year. A total impulse that I will never regret. Happy You Near, canguifor.
Anyone else have a new baby they weren't expecting?

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Like this one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: John Fisher

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the one. I can't believe how clean it is, it wasn't played out a lot. Whoever owned it wore a big belt buckle but that's it. Totally stock, everything works. The neck is in between my 50's Traditional thick and my '87 standard thin. I haven't even plugged it in yet. I've had it for three weeks and have only played it while sitting on my couch watching tv. The band is on Xmas break so I'll take it down to the shop this week when we get together.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It really felt like I bought it by accident. A vintage Gibson Custom, in good nick, at a store I walk by all the time, for under two grand. It was like I was on auto: Of course I'm going to go in; Of course I'm going to hold it; Of course it's coming home with me. Oops.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Well whether it followed you home or you enticed it or whatever---enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts