The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To help pass some of the cold winter days and nights I have taken up trying to make cheap guitars into players ... Some need more help than others.
One thing I have a question I am hoping to be educated about is bridges. The ABR and Nashville in particular. What are the advantages/disadvantages between these two bridges. They are basically the same style with some differences , nashville has bigger posts that go into the body, and three of the saddles are faced backwards in respect to the ABR. Any insight here will help clear up this matter for me. Thanks......

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I checked it out a bit at the gear page and the reason for turned saddles appears to be for extra travel setting up intonation. I have a ABR and a Nashville and have been trying to decide which one to put on my current project. The ABR seems to be a bit bigger (beefier) than the nashville but I like the post mount style the Nashville has. So I took the ABR to work had my buddy resize the post hole in the ABR to fit the nashville posts and while he was at it he drilled and tapped it for locking set screws much like the tone pros. Nice to have machinists friends....:D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The ABR1 is more 'vintage correct'. Generally a bit lighter than a Nashville, most (but not all) guys that change from Nashville to ABR1 pick up some tone.
Les Paul standards would come with the Nashville - historics with the ABR1.

Usually you face all the saddles toward the fretboard, but if you can't quite intonate you can flip it to gain a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts