The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled my fingernail off the finger, so I'm finding time hard to kill. Don't worry, be happy, it will heal soon. Pushed it a little too soon -- so I'm still mending.

In the mean time, anyone run across Face guitars? I think they're European (Slovakian?) but they've yet to hit wiki.

I went looking for Face info after being impressed with their voice on a piece by Peter Gergely.

There's not much out there, though I did find this.

139 euro ($199 cdn.) Seriously? Not often I'm impressed for a couple of bills.

They may be associated with Mada, but I thought Mada were just a music service. Dunno.

I'm keeping my eye/ear out.

Marketing might be fun; About Face, Mada Face, Get Face'd ... ...

(Troll caveat: I'm not endorsing, and I'm aware I maybe wrong about everything, and I know it could be a shill guitar to promote a pos -- I'm just asking -- not trying to hurt anyone.)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something I just learned. Listed prices, in EU have VAT tax included. So take 20% off listed price makes this $159 cdn.. (I think)

I'm eagerly waiting (three weeks additional to shipping time) while Cites permit acquired for rosewood acoustic (not Face) purchase. It was very nice to find out the purchase price was 20% lower than expected! Like finding out Martin accepts Canadian money at par. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
If a guitar is sounding a bit too bright, why not switch strings away from bronze, phosphor bronze. Martin make a type called RETRO that are much mellower (my preference) than the phosphor bronze.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts