The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an issue I haven't heard mentioned by any Canadian guitarists (from a Harmony Central review of an Ibanez Concord - under the heading "Durability"):

"I usually play it regularly but recently I had an accident. I missfired a colt 45 pistol. The bullit went down the hallway in my appartment, into the floor, back out and bounced of the saddle, cracking it almost it's entire length. Cosequently it has a little buzz these days but it's repairable. It did play for a while after the accident but overstressed the bridge during the last string change."

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yankee doodle Dandy

Only in America right? The yank makes it sound so casual.....I guess guns and guitars go together

·
All the way to ten
936 Posts
I think Canada has more gun owners per capita than the states. But I think you're correct, they are a little more casual about it than we are.

I grew up around guns on my uncle's farm. They were right there on the wall along with the ammo. Never once did I think about taking one down without permission. We also used to drive around with the gun rack in the pickup, although now I am showing my age. Never had one stolen, never had an accident.

The best advice I ever got about guns: Don't point it unless you intend to use it.

On the bright side now you know that guitar can take a bullet.:banana:

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Youre thinking voluntarily registered guns, when you say per capita. Michael Moore skewered stats in his movie Bowling For Columbine when he mentions that we have the number of guns that they do. Its not even close. What he did is take the number of registered weapons privately owned in the US versus all of our guns including military issue. The US has so many guns its unbelievable. In Detroit where they do have a registration program thats not enforced, there is 1.2 voluntarily registered guns for every person. If you walk into alot of the big pawn shops in the US they have hundreds and thousands of guns looking to be purchased. The funny thing is the US gun murders per capita arent really that much at all, and fall in line with most of the world. Total per year they do have alot though. There is definately somthing in their water down there..............

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...very touchy subject. for many in the US, guns are a religion. it seems very strange to non-americans, at least those in civilized countries. but, to american gun fanatics, our indifference seems equally strange.

that said, i'm glad i was born here, where there is no nra and no nra magazine entitled "the armed citizen".

-dh

in fact, i find it so disturbing that i once wrote a song about it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts