The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long ago when I was a teenager who didn't truly appreciate the craft that is guitar tone,
I was given a Metal Muff by a family member not ling after beginning guitar lessons.
But you know how it is when you're 14..... Of course I cranked everything up to max and slammed away on some powerchords.
I ended up frying the pedal by plugging the wrong adapter into it one day (pay attention to what you're doing, kids)

9 years later, after developing a sense of what is and isn't tasteful tonewise,
I decided to make a trade on kijiji for another Metal Muff, just to see how things stack up against my memory of it and how i dial in my tones currently.

It definitely satisfies my lust for fierce chugging riffs, and it cleans up a lot nicer than i remember being able to at the age of 14 lol

I can say this pedal is easily a "less is more" type of thing,
It has the ability to be total distortion overkill,
But if you dial it back and take some proper time to find a good balance of frequencies, it screams quite nicely.

I'm glad to have this piece of gear back in my arsenal of tone

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've always found that my favourite (and still crushing) Muff tones tend to come with the gain before noon. The Metal Muff is definitely a sleeper model IMHO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always found that my favourite (and still crushing) Muff tones tend to come with the gain before noon. The Metal Muff is definitely a sleeper model IMHO.
Yeah its definitely a pedal that does more than can do more than it needs to, and if you're not careful it sounds a bit too rugged.
I personally keep the gain around 9:00 and I run an overdrive into it dialed way down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts