The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order with Tube Depot today, including a boat load of little miscellaneous resistors, caps, odds AND bobs, along with some of their very well priced Cyber Monday tubes.

Figured they must be pretty busy today, what with the whole Cyber Monday thing going on & what not - would take them a while to put all that crap together.

In well under 2 hours I got a notification that my order had shipped.

Hard to complain about that.

P

·
0 Posts
Placed an order with Tube Depot today, including a boat load of little miscellaneous resistors, caps, odds AND bobs, along with some of their very well priced Cyber Monday tubes.

Figured they must be pretty busy today, what with the whole Cyber Monday thing going on & what not - would take them a while to put all that crap together.

In well under 2 hours I got a notification that my order had shipped.

Hard to complain about that.
Not that it hasn't shipped, but lots of times I have bought stuff and got the notice, but really all it was is a notice that the order to ship was placed with the shipper. The order is not in transit or in the hands of the shipper. But not to say they did not ship yours... (Chances are they have not though)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, it may not exactly be in the mail yet, but if they've even gone around and collected the 50 or so different types of bits & pieces I ordered from them and put them all in a box within 2 hours on cyber Monday afternoon, I'm still pretty impressed:)

P

·
0 Posts
True, it may not exactly be in the mail yet, but if they've even gone around and collected the 50 or so different types of bits & pieces I ordered from them and put them all in a box within 2 hours on cyber Monday afternoon, I'm still pretty impressed:)
The shipping notification doesn't mean they had your order ready or even started.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah well, I'm sure it'll arrive eventually:)

Anyway, their Cyber Monday sale ends today, some great prices on a few items...

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I ordered Friday about 12:15am, perhaps inebriated. My shipment arrived Sunday via Canada Post before 9am. Nope, no complaining here!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tube Store is in Canada. They don't have the super wide selection of other parts that Tube Depot does though.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Bugs me buying from within Canada and having to pay in a foreign currency.
Me too. I've dealt with them and the service was fine, product was good but having to pay higher prices, more for shipping and an exchange rate,,. that sent me south of the border. What's the point of dealing with a Canadian company?

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
Bugs me buying from within Canada and having to pay in a foreign currency.
I was kinda wondering about that. I'm on a computer system with it's servers in the US right now. So every where I go online thinks I'm in Michigan. I was going to try it again when I get home to see if the site would come up with Canadian pricing. Will it even let you toggle US/Can money?

P

·
0 Posts
I was kinda wondering about that. I'm on a computer system with it's servers in the US right now. So every where I go online thinks I'm in Michigan. I was going to try it again when I get home to see if the site would come up with Canadian pricing. Will it even let you toggle US/Can money?
No.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Tube Store will show you the prices in Canadian - you have to register & create an account showing your Canadian address, then it switches over.

Shipping prices seem fair.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts