The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope not. Saw this riding by the other day. I hope it's just a relocation and they aren't a casualty of the death of the tour business due to C19.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I did the googling, maybe it'll save someone else a few minutes :)

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Speaking of a sign of the times, my wife and I were looking for a house here in Brantford to downsize from where we are as its just us 2 now. Every single house in our price range has 9 offers on it and I'm not able to even view, 30 seconds after its listed on MLS. I could sell my home easy but getting a place is next to impossible. From what I told its everyone from the GTA\Burlington\Hamilton area taking advantage of our real estate prices.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Speaking of a sign of the times, my wife and I were looking for a house here in Brantford to downsize from where we are as its just us 2 now. Every single house in our price range has 9 offers on it and I'm not able to even view, 30 seconds after its listed on MLS. I could sell my home easy but getting a place is next to impossible. From what I told its everyone from the GTA\Burlington\Hamilton area taking advantage of our real estate prices.
apparently Windsor is much the same (I'm in Wpg now, but thats where i grew up.. everything is up, up,up..)

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
apparently Windsor is much the same (I'm in Wpg now, but thats where i grew up.. everything is up, up,up..)
I read somewhere on the Internet that the top 3 cities with the lowest sales to homes available ratio (expressed as SLNR) Were #1 Windsor, #2 London, #3 Brantford.

·
Premium Member
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope not too. Everything I own is good. Want more too.
Me too. There stuff is bullet proof and sounds great.

But our consumer level equipment isn't what they really make their money on - they are more oriented towards pro gear and tour companies, and that business has been decimated in the last 4 months.

Reactions: Milkman

·
Premium Member
16,283 Posts

But our consumer level equipment isn't what they really make their money on - they are more oriented towards pro gear and tour companies, and that business has been decimated in the last 4 months.
For sure the pro touring industry is shut down, but I think even consumer level sales have got to be hurting. Gigs of all sizes have come to a crashing halt.

Sad.

·
Registered
24,146 Posts
Here in Ottawa, there is a series of "drive-in Bluesfest" gigs this weekend, with a price-per-car tab. I just hope that what starts out as a means to space patrons apart doesn't result in contagion by people thinking "Hey, why not split the $86-a-car tab between six people instead of 3?"

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts

I am hoping they are doing so well they need a larger facility. 😜

Don't forget their line of STUDIO gear. This is where my interest lies, but I think you guys are right about the touring solutions they provide -- their main thing probably.

If I knew they were shutting down I would scoop a PowerStrip with the Q3 and Komit tout friggin suite.

·
Premium Member
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am hoping they are doing so well they need a larger facility. 😜

Don't forget their line of STUDIO gear. This is where my interest lies, but I think you guys are right about the touring solutions they provide -- their main thing probably.

If I knew they were shutting down I would scoop a PowerStrip with the Q3 and Komit tout friggin suite.
That's my hope as well. They are in a lovely location, right off the PItt River / dike and just down the road from a micro-brew. But size does matter. I haven't heard or read anything about closures or anything, but how would I?

I include their studio gear in with their pro equipment, at least in my mind. The stomp boxes and guitar oriented stuff is fairly new and fairly small, in the Radial grand scheme of things.

They also have an acoustics department, Prime Acoustic, that is similar to what Sonex was doing years ago. Also in the same facility.

{edited} Oh yea, don't let that US flag in the window fool you, it's one of three they have out front. They are located in Port Coquitlam on Kebet Way.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
It’s not a great time to be a buyer, that’s for sure. There isn’t enough supply. Right now the courts in Ontario are not allowing banks to proceed with default proceedings on homes due to COVID. That will change later this year and the market is going to flood. We have an issue here in Kingston and Prince Edward County where there is a modest supply but coming in as a buyer you won’t even be looked at if you have any conditions (I.e. selling your current place) at all. If the bank won’t give you bridge financing you’re essentially a non-player.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts