The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a thought yesterday. I want to get an another speaker for my Randall amp. Not a replacment but a another cab(or extension speaker I guess?) So with a bit of seaching today, I got no results. So here is what I'm looking for and hopefully someone might have a lead for me. My amp is a Randall RG80-112SC (year unknown). It's loaded with a Celestion G12H-100. I love the sound of this thing, but I can't find a speaker anywhere. I know Celestion still makes G12H's but not in a 100watt versions. I really want to get the same speaker, or a cab already loaded with one. It will only need to handle 50watts(50 watts for each) but I'm afraid if I go with a different speaker it wont sound the same.

Any ideas or places to look?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Don't know the odds of finding one these days - but I do believe the discontinued Yamaha DG80-112 modelling amp had one in it. Would stand to reason that the extension cabinet for it would also pack one.

I know I used to see them at Walters Music store in Toronto (when they had one open at Yonge & Eglinton) - might be worth a shot to contact the 5 or 6 stores they've got and see if they've got anything tucked behind a corner they'd be willing to cut a deal on.

Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never found anything. Just some other people looking for one too. Thanks for the info fretboard. I'll look into that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts