The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone recorded a pub jam I was at a couple of weeks ago. You can hardly hear my acoustic in the mix. The real crime is the lead player had a killer night and he's farther back in the mix than me. Other than that it sounds OK. Four songs, with the middle two impromptu jams made up on the spot. I can't figure out how to download the MP3 so you have listen on the keyboard player's web site. It's the jam night at the Squamish Chieftain Pub, Set 2.

http://bradford.theontarios.com/?playback=1

L

·
0 Posts
I listened to the whole set.
I like.
Good selection of tunes and the vocals where nice listening to.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I listened to the whole set.
I like.
Good selection of tunes and the vocals where nice listening to.
Thanks. Cat is an amazing singer. It was a fun night. I'm more of a blues guy but in a jam the majority wins. We did play Red House in an earlier set.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Heckuva good time, Kerry. We need more of this kind of sharing on the forum. Listened to the whole thing.

I can't figure out videos and mp3's either. Something about old horses and new tricks...

The drummer keeps things lively, without over-doing it. I like that.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heckuva good time, Kerry. We need more of this kind of sharing on the forum. Listened to the whole thing.

I can't figure out videos and mp3's either. Something about old horses and new tricks...

The drummer keeps things lively, without over-doing it. I like that.
Thanks he used to play in a Pink Floyd tribute band. He toured the world for a few years. For a small town Squamish has some really good musicians. I'm hopelessly outclassed at some of the jams.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Cool. I am hoping to be in Squamish for 3 weeks in November, so will definitely want to check out the local watering holes.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. I am hoping to be in Squamish for 3 weeks in November, so will definitely want to check out the local watering holes.
They are mostly dives or a lot of man buns :) There are three craft brew pubs, a cidery, and a distillery plus a half dozen pub/restaurants. You'd think we were a town full of alcoholics.

Let me know when you're here and I can hook you up with whatever jams are happening. At the least we can have a coffee and talk guitars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts