The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Well due to some unforseen complications involving money, my brother, his wife and kid - I had to sell all my pedals. Now. I had about 13 when I sold them all. I listed them somewhere here on a previous date. Anyways, I have sold them all, got the money needed, and managed to get the majority of pedals back, just lesser quality ones. Here's a list of what I have now (most are second hand)

Zoom 505 (that replaces my random step sequencer and one whammy...I got the expression pedal for it)

Behringer 7 band EQ
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Rocktek Flanger/Phaser - Kept on Phaser settings
Danelectro FAB Flanger
Danelectro FAB Metal (I freaking love this pedal)
Digitech RP80 - used only as a whammy, surprisingly it's an amazing whammy too. I keep it 2 octaves up at all times.
Behringer DD100 Digital Delay
Behringer DD800 Digital Delay
Volume/Expression Pedal

As upset as I am that I had to depart with my beloved collection of expensive pedals, I'm glad my nephew is OK and I'm glad I got the majority of them back (kinda). I'm missing a wah, my third delay and my Line 6 FM6 Filter Modulator....I'm gonna miss that pedal...

I'll post pics soon.

On a side note, for those who are gonna say I could have gotten better for the price and whatnot, I realize I could have, but I'm happy with what I have. I don't stomp the shit out of my pedals, I respect them. I mean all you have to do is lightly step on them and they work. No need to beat on them. They are cheap too, so when I do come into some more money, I can always upgrade :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I mean all you have to do is lightly step on them and they work. No need to beat on them.
You're obviously not a metalhead, :rockon2::rockon2:

Haha, I stomp the hell out of mine. But I don't have any of those Behringer / Danelectro pedals... I've heard they break pretty easy, plus I don't dig the sounds... I'm all about MXR/Dunlop and Boss, lol.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You're obviously not a metalhead, :rockon2::rockon2:

Haha, I stomp the hell out of mine. But I don't have any of those Behringer / Danelectro pedals... I've heard they break pretty easy, plus I don't dig the sounds... I'm all about MXR/Dunlop and Boss, lol.
I don't know about that, I know a player who uses both and stomps the crap out of them and they have held up well. The danos he has used for a few years and no failures. Just because something is made out of a plastic or composite doesn't mean it's weak. Think about the things we use every day that take alot of pressure and stress that are made from synthetics and still function.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I don't know about that, I know a player who uses both and stomps the crap out of them and they have held up well. The danos he has used for a few years and no failures. Just because something is made out of a plastic or composite doesn't mean it's weak. Think about the things we use every day that take alot of pressure and stress that are made from synthetics and still function.
I dunno, I read on a couple forums where cheap Dano's and Behringer shit just dies out of no where.

On a side note, hear about Behringer's tube compressor thing? Lol, the tube was like a light bulb... lit up, had nothing to do with the circuit. Same with their rack preamps apparently, lol.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
For about $8 you can get a nice metal enclosure and some better jacks and just pull the guts out of the plastic pedals and rehouse them. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well violation, I am a metalhead, BUT! Recently, as in the last 6 or 7 years, I've been playing Noise-rock. Which is different, but still has some metal influences.

The dano's - because the are so small, and made of such durable hard plastic hold up exceedingly well, I do infact stomp the shit out of the distortion and it hasnt failed me once.

The behringers and dano pedals by themselves may not sound up to par with the boss' and the dunlops or mxr's and boutiques, but in my chain and the way I have it configured, you really can't tell the difference. I mean I have so many pedals going at once...I haven't had any problems so far. No failures, no cracks, breaks, shorts...nothing. I'm damn pleased with everything so far. And as a bonus I just found out I'll be getting 120 bucks in the next day or two. More pedals ^^

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
im glad someone already mentioned rehousing :)

funny part is, the dano's and behringers are pretty much exact copies of the pricier stuff... change a few things inside and you will probably have the real thing.

at least you got some toys to keep playing with, right? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts