The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a new Gotoh FR on my FrankenJack a few weeks back and as some observant forumites noticed, the locking screws were excessively long, and as you can see, actually overhung the morticed ledge.

I have been unsucessful in finding a set of suitably shorter screws that would fit. The closest were a set of Schallers but they wouldn't fit through the opening in the back of the bridge (too large OD).

I had a machinist buddy turn them down and voila, perfect.

·
Premium Member
16,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look like completely different screws but cool fix.:food-smiley-004:
They ARE completely different screws.

The screws in the first picture weren't suitable.

I was unable to find a set that were short enough and that would also fit the bridge.

The screws in the second picture are Schallers. They were short enough, but too large in diameter to fit through the spaces in the back of the bridge.

I had the diameter reduced by a machinist. Now they fit.

·
Premium Member
16,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice....how you like the gotoh?

Thanks,

The Gotoh is hands down the best FR type bridge I've ever used,and I've used most of the well known models.

The basic design is all FR but there are some significant functional improvements.

The saddles are much better and easier to intonate. The connection between the bar and the brisge encorporates the best elements of Kahler, Ibanez Edge and Floyd Rose (as loose or as tight as you like with ZERO slack).

The springs are secured to the tone block with a retainer, not just popped in.
It's a beaut.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks,

The Gotoh is hands down the best FR type bridge I've ever used,and I've used most of the well known models.

The basic design is all FR but there are some significant functional improvements.

The saddles are much better and easier to intonate. The connection between the bar and the brisge encorporates the best elements of Kahler, Ibanez Edge and Floyd Rose (as loose or as tight as you like with ZERO slack).

The springs are secured to the tone block with a retainer, not just popped in.
It's a beaut.
Good to know, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts