The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks a little weird in the beginning and he didn't even bother changing the string arrangement but it sounded okay.

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
For many years I played in a band with a guy like that. He played guitar and mandolin that way but regular left-handed banjo and violin. He's good too.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hey that's how I play! Since it's a righty body, The lack of cutaway on that tele kinda limits upper fretboard though and makes it look odd. I've liked the Hendrix strats that are strung this way but have the body reversed! Perfect!

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
About 20 years ago all my buddies would gather in a friends garage and jam. A mutual acquaintance came by to hang out and he jumped on the drums and made the owner of the drums look like a newbie I'd known him for years but never saw him pick up a guitar. Then one day he grabbed someones right handed guitar flipped it upside down and started playing it left handed. Without restringing. Then he blew me away with his playing.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
About 20 years ago all my buddies would gather in a friends garage and jam. A mutual acquaintance came by to hang out and he jumped on the drums and made the owner of the drums look like a newbie I'd known him for years but never saw him pick up a guitar. Then one day he grabbed someones right handed guitar flipped it upside down and started playing it left handed. Without restringing. Then he blew me away with his playing.
our drummer is also a lefty. he plays crazy good travis picking upsidedown. also plays banjo upsidedown too.

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Drives me nut that people can do that. I can barely play the right way around. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts