The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to my local music store the other day just bumming around. Saw this folk size guitar and gave it a try. Felt and sounded good, nice low action, easy to play, no buzzing, comfy neck and kind of pretty to boot. Looked at the price tag and was kind of surprise at the low $149 price tag! Promptly bought it and I am still impressed by how good this thing is for a lousy 149 bucks.

It is a Segovia brand guitar made in Indonesia. It feels remarkably like a Taylor I used to have that cost 20 times that. Not sure what the woods actually are and I can't say if it'll last but it's a great secondary guitar and one I plan to introduce my grand kids to.

Check it out on Reverb.
Segovia F07G-N | Junction Guitars

·
Registered
329 Posts
So I went to my local music store the other day just bumming around. Saw this folk size guitar and gave it a try. Felt and sounded good, nice low action, easy to play, no buzzing, comfy neck and kind of pretty to boot. Looked at the price tag and was kind of surprise at the low $149 price tag! Promptly bought it and I am still impressed by how good this thing is for a lousy 149 bucks.

It is a Segovia brand guitar made in Indonesia. It feels remarkably like a Taylor I used to have that cost 20 times that. Not sure what the woods actually are and I can't say if it'll last but it's a great secondary guitar and one I plan to introduce my grand kids to.

Check it out on Reverb.
Segovia F07G-N | Junction Guitars
If you like it and it sounds good, is there thing else that matters!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
With guitars coming in from Asia, you can get a very good guitar that used to cost close to $1000.00 or more for a lot less. Glad you found one you really like.

Reactions: Blind Dog

·
Registered
500 Posts
Early adopters sometimes make off like bandits.

Congrat's, and enjoy. If it says, "Play me!", you've scored big!

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
The junction place always photographs their guitars in that basement setting which makes them look like they are being interrogated by the KGB in some east European workers paradise circa 1965. Probably a decent enough store and it's near me so maybe I should throw a bit of trade their way next time I need something but, at the same time, the last thing I need right now is to be deloused and interned by the KGB ... lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts