The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

A Good Hollow Body Or Semi-hollow for $250.00.

2K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  cboutilier 
#1 ·
A friend has a young boy looking for a hollow or semi-hollow with a budget of $250.00 maximum. They are obviously looking in the used market. They want something decent and I am thinking an Oscar Schmidt OE30 or maybe an Ibanez but are there any others out there that fit the bill?

#2 ·
An Epi Dot should be gettable for that price and they can be decent guitars. If they are patient they might even be able to find one at L&M for around that price (it might be in another location elsewhere in the country, but it can be transferred in). That being said, going the retail route would involve paying sales tax so it might be smarter to stick to the private market.

#15 ·
@Steadfastly

Did your friend find a suitable guitar for his son?
I have an Epi Studio DOT here that he can have, they just have to ship it.
Send me a PM if they're still looking.
Sulphur, that is a very generous offer! I don't think they did yet. They have gone on vacation to Saskatchewan and will be back in 2-3 weeks. They are driving back so they may be able to pick it up in Sudbury or close by. I will contact them and let them know. Thanks again for your very generous offer.

Reactions: sulphur
#19 ·
Yes, will do.

#20 ·
I second the artcores. Try and find the artstar models. A little more coin but much nicer all around. The artcores can feel cheap. A buddy had a cheap cort semihollow that sounded better than my ibanez. Resonated much better, I was jealous at the time.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

#32 ·
A big thank you out to Sulphur for very generously giving up an Epiphone DOT that is in great shape, free of charge for this kid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.