The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although I don't have the resources a full time band might enjoy, I do have a rather extensive network of helpful and skilled friends. One of those is my drummer's dad, a retired gentleman who is as supportive of our music as anyone I know.

One of his skills is photography. He has some sort of digital SLR camera and he knows how to use it. He handed me a disk yesterday with pictures from a recent show, 600 PICTURES from a recent show.

Here are a few.

IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/MikeLaPointe/ABC_0249.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well, he knows how to take some nice pics. Great bonus for your band. 600 pictures...he must really enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, he knows how to take some nice pics. Great bonus for your band. 600 pictures...he must really enjoy it.
Thanks and yes, his ratio of keepers is almost perfect. When he gives me 600 shots I know there are 600 in focus and relatively well framed shots.

He does enjoy it and I'm very grateful to have him around.

I suppose I make it a bit easier for him by being such a poser.

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahahah I know I've said this before, but the mandolin looks hilarious in your hands:D. Great pics!!

LOL, I suppose it does look a bit dainty in my meathooks.

(I'm surprisingly gentle for a big guy though).:smilie_flagge17:

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My guys are very supportive and always have my back.

I'm priveleged to have them all and try to let them know it often.

I honestly wouldn't change anyone at this stage.

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet the ladies like the whole big guy with a gentle sounding instrument :D
Well, I'm not exactly a sex symbol as you can see from the pics.

The mandolin does turn heads though. People who are chatting or playing pool etc cetera, stop what they're doing and look at the stage (maybe in horror) when I start playing it.

I have a new electric mandolin (a Godin A8) which really looks more like a miniature guitar. I've only used it for one show but it will be interesting to hear what kind of questions and comments I get from the folks in the seats going forward.

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that Kevin on drums?
Indeed.

Great drummer. These shots were taken at the Ex Imperial Hall in Brantford on June 9.

He's very skilled at tuning his kit and I pride myself in getting a good live drum sound. We work well together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts