The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to get your opinions on what might be a fair selling price for a 2004 Gibson SG Standard. It's mine and it's definitely been used - there are no MAJOR battle wounds (i.e. pieces of wood chipped off or dings penetrating through the wood), but it does show some sign that it's been well played - bumps, buckle rash, pick scratches. Also, the hardshell case would not be included, funny as it may be, the case actually has some sentimental value to me :tongue:

A few pics I have on hand...*edit* those white spots on the last image are NOT dents or dings - I have no idea what they are, but they're certainly not a part of the guitar. Also the photos have not been touched up through Photoshop. What you see is what it is :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
man thats a sweet looking axe If i had the cash right now i'd buy it off you like that I've always wanted an SG it's my favorite Gibson model. Looks like it's in great condish I dont think many people will be too picky with the pick scratches theyre gonna happen anyway. Ask a fair bit for it. Is there a particular reason your selling it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Styxonthebrain, thanks for the comments :smile: I'm selling the SG pretty much to thin down the herd. I bought a PRS Custom 22 recently and I plan on using that as my main axe. I have a few lower end guitars that would serve as my backup and they aren't worth selling. Thus I would probably like to hand the SG over to someone who would enjoy playing it as much as I have. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I really want to let it go, I'm not desperate to sell, but I would part ways with it for a price that I'm comfortable at selling it for.

·
Premium Member
13,018 Posts
$1000. Maybe $1100 if it's a real gem. I know some music stores would try to sell for $1200.

No money for one now, but an SG it on the top of my list when do want to buy.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
no hardshell case? 04? $1K seems solid to me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought the white Gibson SG from Cross, just wanted to chime in that he was excellent to deal with and 100% happy with the transaction. All the best Cross!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts