The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
We jam this song, “Walk Away”. Simple song but so good!!! The first half of that lick definitely took a bit of practice. It’s even tougher to play it at the second fret. Admittedly, I cheat on the second half and just use slides.

Good lesson!

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Thanks for letting us know the song @fretzel . I have to get into Joe Walsh a little more than I have been.

BTW: don't just put "walk away for a search in You tube". All you get is american political crap....#walkaway campaign. *#*(

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
These licks are from his solo on Life's Been Good at Wembley, 2004.
Interesting. I recognized it right away as being from Walk Away. Went and listened to the studio life’s been good after reading your title and didn’t hear. Going to have to give the live version a listen to see what else he may have snuck in.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
I don’t know.......Walk Away came out in ‘71, Eagles first in ‘72. Joe didn’t join until ‘75.
Interesting. Good to know. Bernie was the first that I'd heard use that bend to the 3 and walk down the scale below. Peaceful Easy Feeling was the perfect example of that. It's one of my staple country and major blues licks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts