The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well nothing overly expensive but defineatly two interesting guitars. The SG model is a body and neck that I picked up off of EBay, The other hardware was sitting around. Two dream 180's in it at the moment but I think that will change. The other is another EBay find, a 335 type with Bigsby, It has Tokai on the headstock but I'm not sure of the origin. Regardless it has a couple flaws very minor and everything else is up to par. Grover tuners and a bigsby tailpiece.... and it plays real nice... now for some pics..

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple more shots

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hers a pic of a Squier 51 I just finished moddifying... Two HB's

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I'm digging the bigsby tailpiece, quite different than a strat style...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very sweet Tokai - depending on the year it was made, it could either have been produced in Japan or Korea - they are VERY good Gibson-type copies and some even say that it beats the current production quality of US Gibson guitars. Just some food for thought. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really nice! Sometime we can find really interessing things on eBay! Did the SG one is an Epiphone or other?

I picked it up off of a seller called magicdragon I believe his name was, in the states. The neck came from a seller in Alberta. No epi parts used...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Very sweet Tokai - depending on the year it was made, it could either have been produced in Japan or Korea - they are VERY good Gibson-type copies and some even say that it beats the current production quality of US Gibson guitars. Just some food for thought. :tongue:
Actually that Tokai was made in China. First (and last) year run of cheaper Chinese made Tokais for Canada.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I can tell it's not as well put together as the Love Rocks were but still for the money it was a great deal. 250 to the door....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Nice SG

Nice SG... especially with the neck binding. Maybe a high-end Epiphone... congratulations on your new acquisitions!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The neck is really nice and well finished, nice frets. It came from a seller in Alberta I believe it was Wendy Music Instrument. 22 frets R/W board,medium jumbo frets,side inlay fret markers,double side adjustment truss rod,neck heel width 55mm, total for neck shipped $74 Cdn. Body is from Magic Dragon another Ebay seller. There is a nice assortment of necks available from Wendy's and body's from MD. Bodies are solid maple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts