The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the disintegration of a 70s mushboard cabinet, I found myself with a spare Champ chassis, hardware etc. so I decided to build myself something I have always wanted...

a Champ head this one is kind of special given that it is made of a pine board from an old english style bar that my dad RIP, built in the early 60s . Here are a few more views...

This cab has only sanding sealer on it right now until I can figure out what kind of finish it will have but at least it keeps the wood clean for now. I plan on making some more in hardwoods with some fancy twists like inlaid dovetails or contrasting wood cornerblocks. Its all fun and games and if I'm not careful I could make some money too.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Very nice.....I love that look.

Tarl

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
I was just thinking about that the other day. I imagined coming across a silver faced Champ with a crunched up bottom and shot speaker,... and turning it to head. Far out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mario said:
I think it looks nice the way it is.
Thanks, tolex would kill this box. as I said this box was from a board used in a bar my dad built in the early 60s so its nice to see it clean. Digging around in the garage the other day I found another of those boards which may be just enough to build a combo with the same look...plain pine but old pine;) .

I'm checking out some of the local sawmills to see what they can offer in nice hardwoods to complete some more of the same which will end up going on th'ebay. I figure that its time to do it...I'm turning 50 in 2 weeks, I have the skills, the tools and the time for it so why not build some stuff that musicians like myself want/need? New boxes for old iron?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts