The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breakup song: a Saint John musician's super-sad Kijiji ad

Breakup song: a Saint John musician's super-sad Kijiji ad
Buying a crazy metalhead guitar was a mistake, but writing ad was 'cathartic,' says Adam Kierstead

Breakups can make people act crazy. Ill-advised haircuts. Impulsive phone calls. Late-night stalking on Facebook.

When his nine-year, live-in relationship ended, Saint John musician Adam Kierstead, 33, decided to splurge on a new guitar.

Not just any guitar: a Gibson Reverse Explorer. An angular, limited-edition, metalhead-style instrument, hearkening back to rock involving spandex, big hair, and pyrotechnics. It was an odd choice for a musician known in the Saint John music scene for his subdued, laconic talent.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you restrung it like Hendrix, would it just be an Explorer??

Answer: NO!! it would still have one of the ugliest head-stocks in history!!

I could understand the breakup if he bought it first. She saw it, realized he had awful taste, and dumped him! "I can't trust his judgement on important things if he comes home with one of these"

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
What the hell is a reverse Explorer? The pointy parts point upwards?
In a word, "ugly". At least to me, because I think the regular Explorer is such a brilliant, balanced design.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
That guitar is about as fugly as a beat up old antique door found in the musty basement of a Victorian era home about to be demolished for a new Condo project. Everyone in the neighborhood is against the project as it will lead to the yupification of the area, but at least there will be a new Fat Burger and Starbucks on the main floor. Where was I going with this? Oh ya, that guitar is UGLY!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts